Goophone iphone 12 Pro Max No Mobile Data

Wonging

Feb 8, 2021
Visit site
Hello, I have a Goophone Iphone 12 Pro Max, its factory unlocked and I have inserted my Vodafone pay as you go UK Sim card and my calls and texts are working, but not the mobile data, the Wifi is working and im switching off the Wifi, turning on the mobile data, but it will not display a web page, its an android 6 with 2GB Ram and 16GB storage, I have spoken to Vodafone tech support and entered the VPN settings manually that they told me for mobile data and picture messaging, but it still will not work, Vodafone said they would call back after looking into it, but as yet they have not, Im just wondering if anyone has experience of these Goophones and APN settings or other settings causing this problem?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you talking about this one? https://www.giztop.com/goophone-12-pro.html. Are you certain the APN settings are correct for Vodafone? https://lowdown.carphonewarehouse.com/how-to/how-to-manually-enter-vodafone-apn-settings/39805/

Also, from what I can tell, Vodafone uses Bands 20, 32, and 7 for 4G, while your phone supports bands 1, 3, 5, 7, and 8. So there's only overlap for band 7, and if that band isn't strong in your area, you might not be able to get any mobile data.

https://www.4g.co.uk/4g-frequencies-uk-need-know/

Wonging

Feb 8, 2021
Visit site
Hello, thank you for the reply, its a 12 Pro Max made by Goophone and from my understanding theses are only made with between 1-2GB Ram and 4-16GB storage and the CPU is MTK6580, its 2G 850/900/1800/1900MHz & 3G 900/2100MHz, so i expected it to work on Vodafone 900MHz & 2100MHz 3G service :Vodafone 900MHz (2G & 3G) 2100MHz (3G) its also now been tried with Lebara, o2 and Three and I get the same result, calls and texts work fine, but no mobile data even after checking and adding correct APN settings manually.

The add you posted from my understanding has false information on specification which is very common from what ive seen and Goophone has been using this MTK6580 CPU for many years in different models they make.

Its an Android 6 using a IOS skin software, when i enter the mobile network settings i get the following menu choices

Data Roaming on/off (I understand this)
preferred Networks (I dont understand what this should be set at)
preferred Network Type (I dont understand what this should be set at)
Access Point Names (I understand this, have entered manually and saved correct settings)
Network operators (I dont understand what this should be set at)

Im hoping that the problem is caused by a setting that needs altering in one of the list above that i dont understand as i was expecting this phone to work as its quite well made for a clone and even the face id works, you can see these clone phones in review on youtube if you search fake or clone iphone 12 pro max, but no video ive found shows using mobile data.

p.s im not a techy i only know basic things, so im well out of my depth trying to solve this problem.

Attachments

• IMG-20210204-WA0021.jpg
    IMG-20210204-WA0021.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 5

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's always a crapshoot with these Chinese clone phones. Goophone is a little more well-known, but even then, it's hard to know if the band support (even for 3G) is enough.

Under Preferred Networks and Preferred Network Type, what options do you have?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2