I was copying some files (3) over to a hard drive and I had a funny feeling that something was gonna go wrong (I Know it sounds odd, but thee you go), but I saw I was just copying three files -so I decided to be 'rational' and carry on.
    And then all the files including the folder I was copying from just disappeared, and now it is completely empty!
    These are sacred recordings for my life, including music!
    There are about 60 or 70 that have vanished!

It happened 15 mins ago from now. when I write!
    02-13-2021 03:42 PM
    There are some apps that claim to recover such files, I have no experience with those. Some of them require rooting the device. Is there a specific app these were recorded with? Any new files or data saved to the device CAN cause the storage locations for those files to be overwritten and render the files unrecoverable for good.

Are you positive you were copying and not moving? What app were you using to copy the files and have you checked other folders to be sure they didn't go someplace they shouldn't have?

Not to be THAT guy, but such important files are surely backed up and you can recover them from there, can't you?
    02-13-2021 04:16 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Were the voice recordings saved to Internal Storage or an SD card?
    02-13-2021 07:06 PM