Alerts not working, Android v10

ruotsi29

Feb 15, 2021
Visit site
I have a Moto z4, Android v10. I use Trillian messaging app. When Trillian is open and I get an IM, I no longer get an alert that "remains" on my phone, either when the phone is open or the screen is locked. I had been getting alerts (vibration and a sound I had set, and the Trillian icon would appear on the lock screen and the app bar until I read the IM) previously and I changed nothing before the alerts stopped. Settings/apps and notifications/Trillian is set to Show Notifications (Alerting- gets your attention with sound or vibration), Pop on screen is set to On, Advanced set to Vibrate, Lock is Show all notification content, Show notification dot, Override Do Not Disturb. Allow notification snoozing is off. Show sensitive content when locked is On. when I say "remains", the icon flashes (only on lock screen--- nothing if phone is open) for the blink of an eye. If I am not looking directly at the phone (as I was when testing everything), I'm unaware of a Trillian message. There is nothing on the app bar, either. I *do* get notifications for my texting app and for emails, leading me to think that this is a Trillian problem. I have contacted their support several times and their reply is only to check the settings which I have listed above (and which seem to be in order). How do I get the notification for Trillian to vibrate, to show on the app bar, and to have the icon last longer than approximately 1 second? I have also uninstalled/reinstalled Trillian several times, made no difference. Is there some app that would ehlp? I tried a few I found on the Play Store but they did nothing. TIA and I am sorry if this is in the wrong section but I don't see a Moto z4 section

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try turning off Battery Optimization for that app in the system settings.

ruotsi29

Feb 15, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome! :)
I had already tried the Battery Optimization-- didn't make a difference. I have done everything short of resetting the phone entirely, which I really don't want to do. I'm just perplexed as to why it's just this app that I am having the issue with; that makes me think it's a problem with the app itself (and as I said, Trillian tech support says it's not a Trillian problem). Is there no way, or no app, that would "extend" notifications?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not directly familiar with Trillian -- does it also have a desktop client? If so, is it possible that you have that client open on your computer, and that is intercepting your messages, thereby clearing the notification from your phone because Trillian thinks you already acknowledged it on the desktop?

ruotsi29

Feb 15, 2021
Visit site
It does have a desktop client. I am not signed in there, however. I only use the mobile app.
This is just so annoying. I really like using Trillian aside from this glitch.
Thank you

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Check the settings for Trillian and see if there is a menu option that shows if you're logged into Trillian on other devices. If so, try signing out on all of those other devices and see if the problem persists.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Have you enabled all the required permissions?

Have you contacted the developers for assistance?
7b3255bde4255899e73dd0c7a637db6d.jpg
5c1e75d7e38899896279c19bb54b6a75.jpg

ruotsi29

Feb 15, 2021
Visit site
I have checked all of those settings. Everything is in order, both with my phone and the Trillian app. I have contacted, or tried to contact, the developers over the past several months since this issue started. Sporadically they answer, and always with the same rote response. I don't think that they're even reading the emails.
Trillian worked fine until it didn't.

ruotsi29

Feb 15, 2021
Visit site
Just wanted to post an update-- thanks to all who tried to help with this. It bugged me so much, and I got no help from Trillian developers, that I did a Factory reset on my phone yesterday and wonder of wonders, the visual notification works now. I still don't get the audio notification (yes, I checked my settings :) ) but at least I can see when I have a Trillian message. Now I just have to figure out how to restore my phone :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae