Notification problem on status bar[Solved]

Android19800

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm new here
I have a question regarding notification on status bar. Most applications' notification have been set to on but it doesn't show any notification icon on the top left status bar. In the status setting, it says app A has sent notification for example 3 minutes ago but it doesn't show in status bar. Whatsapp is fine but most apps have the problems. I have tried almost everything, turning off data saver, battery saver set to off but it doesn't make any difference. Currently using Samsung A50S running Android 10. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Notification problem on status bar

Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the General News forum to the General Help forum.

Do you see a dot in the status bar (which is the overflow indicator), meaning there are more notifications than can fit in that small area? If you swipe down the notification panel, do you see them there?

Android19800

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site

Hi, thanks for your reply. I don't see any dot in the status bar, no notification in drop down notification panel too. Without changing anything in settings, in one occasion I have seen a dot in status bar some time ago but it has returned to no notification, again without changing anything in the settings.

Android19800

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site

I have turned off the battery optimization, turn off data saver, clear cache & data, I have tried everything but nothing happens.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

I have turned off the battery optimization, turn off data saver, clear cache & data, I have tried everything but nothing happens.
Welcome to the forums. Which level of priority do you have for those apps? Try this, go to settings - apps - select one that is giving you problems - Notifications - tap the text (not the toggle) for one of the levels and make sure it's set as Important (not Other).

These screenshots are for the Messages app, for example.
Screenshot_20210224-125658.jpgScreenshot_20210224-125725.jpg

Android19800

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site

Thanks for your reply. The phone is Galaxy A50S, so it has slightly different layout but I have tried this also and it doesn't change anything. I'm wondering are there many people have this problem but cannot be solved?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Hi , go to settings>type status bar , then tap it , does it show for all notification?

Android19800

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site

Hi , go to settings>type status bar , then tap it , does it show for all notification?

Yes of course, that is the obvious one, the very first setting I checked. But when I turn the "show notification" toggle off and turn it on again, the setting changes itself to "3 most recent". Not sure if that is the reason behind the problem.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Yes of course, that is the obvious one, the very first setting I checked. But when I turn the "show notification" toggle off and turn it on again, the setting changes itself to "3 most recent". Not sure if that is the reason behind the problem.
So when you change to all and go back it's to 3 most again? Monitor in safe mode if its still doing this

Android19800

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site

Then a 3rd party app could be causing this , another thing you can try is reset settings, go to settings>general management>reset>reset settings

In safe mode the airplane mode is automaticallt turned on but the setting doesn't change. Which phone setting will change after reset?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Hi, tried this and nothing happens. Does anyone have the same problem or software (android 10) problem?
You have to find out what's changing it back to 3 displayed , u said safe mode it went to all so probably a app that u downloaded.

Android19800

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site

You have to find out what's changing it back to 3 displayed , u said safe mode it went to all so probably a app that u downloaded.

It can show more than 3 notification on the status bar, I think the problem is not not showing more than 3 but most apps do not show the notification icon on status bar. When I go to settings -> status bar under the "recently sent" it shows the most recent app that send notification for example 5 minutes ago but it doesn't show on the status bar.

Android19800

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site

While I'm using the phone I accidentally notice the signal notification shows on the status bar but it doesn't stay, it disappears approximately within one second.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12