Cannot xfer TXT msgs from iPhone 11 to Android phone. Need help.

msp1518

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Okay, I completely forgot abut this. I hadn't thought of it until it was time to move my SIM card from the iPhone 11 Pro MAX to the Essential PH-1 I want to use. I want to transfer over the text messages and call logs.

Verizon no longer has an app to do this (that I can see).

My iTunes will NOT back up my phone because it wants to erase it. I was on the phone with Apple and they want to force me to wipe it. So iTunes is NOT an option. I tried. For hours. No-go.

In Googling around I keep getting websites that literally cause my PC's malwarebytes to freak out. Too many scams.

Many apps want $40 or more from me, which is absurd. TONS of free trials, that only xfer a few messages (useless).

Can anyone provide an answer on this? It seems incredibly difficult and I am sure there must be a solution. I know that the Essential is an "old" phone, but mine is a new Ocean Depths (never before used) in perfect condition so I really want to use it and get rid of this massive iPhone with stupid face id.

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you look into iSMS2droid? It's mentioned in the official Ting blog (Ting is a carrier, so at least you know this is unlikely to be some scam): ting.com/blog/you-asked-transferring-texts-from-iphone-to-android/

msp1518

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Yes, but as I mentioned, I cannot use iTunes. It wants to ERASE my phone. Literally erase it. It's an unknown error and Apple was no help.

Without an iTunes backup the apiSMS2droid app cannot work.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It might be worth contacting that dev and seeing if this can be accomplished with Messages backups to iCloud (which doesn't require iTunes): support@isms2droid.com

I'm searching to see if that's ever been asked, but can't find any definitive answer yet.

msp1518

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, it does seem to be a limitation. It needs that hard backup to access. Unfortunately Apple cannot seem to help me get beyond the iTunes error. Without that error I'd be able to back up to my PC and get this show on the road.

Every other solution is shady and requires forking over money. Stock Android is cool, but there is no help in the transition from an iPhone to Android. :(

msp1518

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Well, I decided to erase my iPhone and backup from iCloud. This worked! I can now connect to iTunes.

Don't try this unless you are certain iCloud has been set to backup everything.

I will report back with what happens.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I am glad you got the iCloud backup to work. I hope you enjoy your essential phone. It received a lot of updates over the time it was supported that really improved the camera and people that had that phone really loved it.

msp1518

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
It mostly worked. I could not get my call logs, but 90% of my text messages came through. Good enough for what I needed.

Denisej

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, I decided to erase my iPhone and backup from iCloud. This worked! I can now connect to iTunes.

Don't try this unless you are certain iCloud has been set to backup everything.

I will report back with what happens.

Hi, So I want to try this. Did you backup your data to iCloud and then erase your phone before connecting to iTunes? TIA

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca