Hi... I'm a new member, wandering the web in search of help. ...I have the same issue! My phone changed by itself a few weeks ago and lost all its old good function. It used to give quality predictive text options. I changed no setting. So the solution can't be to change a setting unless there's a known issue, bug, with an auto-update from the last month. I don't know anything about keyboards or settings. I've never changed anything so I haven't needed this knowledge. I've restarted my phone recently. I have a Galaxy S7, running Android 8, Samsung Experience 9. Thanks! PS: I'm still googling and also tried Clear Data and Safe Mode.
    03-27-2021 11:50 AM
    Hi, welcome to AC!

I deleted your other post since you made a topic about it here .

You using the stock Samsung keyboard I'm assuming ? You mentioned you clear data , how did you go about that?
    03-27-2021 12:16 PM
    Settings > Apps > (upper right) Show system apps > Samsung Keyboard ... google advice i found said first try "Force Stop" if not work then click on Storage and there's Clear Data!
    03-27-2021 02:25 PM
    Settings > Apps > (upper right) Show system apps > Samsung Keyboard ... google advice i found said first try "Force Stop" if not work then click on Storage and there's Clear Data!
    Ok good thats proper way , now how long since you done that because you have to let it learn.
    03-27-2021 04:56 PM
    i almost can't remember the good function i used to have! i think i would say a word and it might put in the wrong word. i could put cursor on the word and several options would show up. ...will that function come back? why doesn't it just give me dictionary options for a word my cursor is in? like "there" should just bring up "their" and "they're" as options -- no need for it to learn ??
    03-27-2021 05:21 PM
    i almost can't remember the good function i used to have! i think i would say a word and it might put in the wrong word. i could put cursor on the word and several options would show up. ...will that function come back? why doesn't it just give me dictionary options for a word my cursor is in? like "there" should just bring up "their" and "they're" as options -- no need for it to learn ??
    As soon as I type I get the prediction where I circled, if you like it to learn a word the other circle with is to teach it I just lost predictive text in Galaxy S7, Android 8 system-screenshot_20210327-204725.jpg
    03-27-2021 07:51 PM
    this is tricky stuff! i've been using this phone for several years. it worked great. i've done zero training or teaching. so this function -- and the loss of it -- is different. sometimes i want to use one word, other times another word. training has no value in such common situations, that i can see. it can be hard to explain a function after it's lost. but i think i did pretty good. i see other ppl complaining about this loss also -- that happened just this month. i'm guessing an update somewhere is the problem.
    03-28-2021 09:53 AM
    this is tricky stuff! i've been using this phone for several years. it worked great. i've done zero training or teaching. so this function -- and the loss of it -- is different. sometimes i want to use one word, other times another word. training has no value in such common situations, that i can see. it can be hard to explain a function after it's lost. but i think i did pretty good. i see other ppl complaining about this loss also -- that happened just this month. i'm guessing an update somewhere is the problem.
    Good thing is you can try another keyboard like Gboard or swiftkey
    03-28-2021 11:33 AM