Display or link a photo on home screen?

hedera

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 running Android 11, OneUI version 3.1. I recently got vaccinated, and have photographed my vaccine card on my phone so I don't have to carry it around.

If this was on my Windows PC, I could put the 2 photos (1 for each side) in a folder and put a shortcut to the folder on my desktop. Is there a way to do that on the S10? I found at least 4 things that said it was but the instructions didn't match anything I can see on the phone. I managed to copy the 2 photos to a folder, but now I can't find the folder (the My Files app is hopeless). Is there a way to link those 2 photos so I can find them easily on the home screen? I don't even know if Android understands the concept of "shortcut."

hedera

May 17, 2011
Visit site
No, I hadn't. I looked at the article, and the MyFiles they show do not have the same options as the ones on my phone.

What drives me nuts is that I know I created a folder and put those 2 photos in it, but nothing on my phone displays the folder and none of the search options, including the search bar in My Files, will find the folder, which is named Vaccine card. It also doesn't show in any section of MyFiles, which I don't consider very useful.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No, I hadn't. I looked at the article, and the MyFiles they show do not have the same options as the ones on my phone.

What drives me nuts is that I know I created a folder and put those 2 photos in it, but nothing on my phone displays the folder and none of the search options, including the search bar in My Files, will find the folder, which is named Vaccine card. It also doesn't show in any section of MyFiles, which I don't consider very useful.
You can put it in your gallery, notes app , your profile picture in contact app ,not sure why u having issues with My Files , works great.
Have you tried these methods?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz