How to remove old saved payment cards

guygampell

Apr 18, 2021
Visit site
Hi, got a new bank card issued to me today, so... first ...using Chrome on my windows PC, I logged in to my Google account and went to Google Pay, and deleted some old cards no longer used/expired. only the correct 3 cards are now listed.

(I also did same in my Amazon, Paypal, accounts).

When I log in to Google Pay on my Smartphone (Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro running Android 20, MIUI 12), I see 2 of them only, this makes sense because 1 of the 3 is with an old old bank that does not support Google Pay, contattless or any such technologoes, but I do use it on line shopping, so Google on my desk top seems to remember it, that's OK

What is not is OK, is that when I open Chrome on my phone, and the open Chrome Settings and go to Payment Methods, I see a whole LOAD of cards no longer used which are saved, all are shown as "from Google Pay", so this list is not syncing with the short list of 3 in my Google Pay profile

Back to my desktop windows PC for a moment, opening to Chrome, going to Chrome settings and checking payment methods, still shows the correct 3 cards, as does Google Pay so why is Chrome on my phone not syncing

I have checked both are signed in to the same account and that sync is on, and as mentioned Google Pay on my phone is indeed syncing its list of cards,

How do I force resync of the list of payment methods saved in Chrome when viewed from my phone

guygampell

Apr 18, 2021
Visit site
I have the Google Pay app installed which is the latest that I am being offered (no updates are showing as due), it is verions 2.129.364916235, it has the old logo.

As for Sync in Settings within Chrome app on my phone, it says "Sync and Google Services - Sync is On", when I tap that to open it, it says Sync Your Chrome data and the slider is "on". But when (on the phone) I go to Payment Methods, all my old cards are listed (total 6) and that does not include the new one I listed today. When I go to Chrome on my desktop PC and go to Settings / Payment Methods, only the (correct) 3 are showing including the new one.

The phone shows that these are coming from Google Pay, when I check Google Pay, its fine (on phone and desktop), so Chrome is NOT resyncing its lits of payment methods
Chrome payment settings, phone browser.JPG
Chrome payment settings, window browser.JPG

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Just click on the cards you no longer want and delete them manually. Then add your new card. It may not sync with each device. I have 2 phones and they are logged into the same account but they have different cards set up, which is what I want. Each device has to manually set up and activate Google pay separately.

guygampell

Apr 18, 2021
Visit site
I tried that, tapping on a card in the list takes me to an edit page, all I can do is edit the card address there, no option to delete the card. touch and hold on the card in the list does nothing, swipe left or wipe right in Card in the list does nothing, no way to delete.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It shouldn't have the old icon. Click on the Play Store link I previously shared and see if the app page that comes up has an Install or Update button (or if that still shows the old icon). This might be important, because Google is trying to transition from the older Pay app to the newer one.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, ok. I know that Kizzy Catwoman is in the UK as well, so it's clearly not a regional issue.

Did you already try clearing the cache/data from the Chrome app in Settings>Apps​, then opening it again and letting it resync?

guygampell

Apr 18, 2021
Visit site
yes I did that, no difference.... I tried to uninstall Chrome (tothen reinstall) but the only options are to uninstall updates. I cleared cache both on the app itself and on the entire phone. no difference

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs