The File Manager App that I'm using now is by Google but I want to use a different File manager app, that only shows up in my app settings, but not in my app drawer as shown in the illustrations.

How do I choose which file manager app to use on my LG Stylo 6?-file-manager-apps-file-drwr-1-.jpg How do I choose which file manager app to use on my LG Stylo 6?-file-manager-apps-file-drwr-2-.jpg

In the settings below, the File manager app that I want to use was one I downloaded from Google Play.
    How do I choose which file manager app to use on my LG Stylo 6?-files-apps-settings-1.jpg
    04-28-2021 03:05 PM
    The smaller Files app is the system one that I think only shows up when needed, but you can't open it yourself.

Is there a reason why you'd rather not use Files by Google? I can recommend a couple of other good file manager apps if you need one.
    DotLGphn likes this.
    04-28-2021 03:32 PM
    The File Manager App that I'm using now is by Google but I want to use a different File manager app, that only shows up in my app settings, but not in my app drawer as shown in the illustrations.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FILE MANAGER  APPS IN FILE DRWR (1).jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	251.6 KB 
ID:	333748 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FILE MANAGER  APPS IN FILE DRWR (2).jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	136.7 KB 
ID:	333749

In the settings below, the File manager app that I want to use was one I downloaded from Google Play.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FILES IN APPS-SETTINGS-1.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	300.8 KB 
ID:	333747
    Usually the stock File Manager can only be accessed from the general settings and not as a separated app from the drawer. I'm not sure about the right steps for your LG model but try something like Settings - Storage - Files.
    04-28-2021 04:00 PM
    Depending on the launcher you can create a widget to open the Storage settings or even the Files option.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-28-2021 04:11 PM
    Depending on the launcher you can create a widget to open the Storage settings or even the Files option.
    That would be nice... if I knew how. Do you know how? What do you mean by "launcher"?
    04-30-2021 08:28 PM
    The smaller Files app is the system one that I think only shows up when needed, but you can't open it yourself.

Is there a reason why you'd rather not use Files by Google? I can recommend a couple of other good file manager apps if you need one.
    Well, I don't necessarily dislike the Google File manager, just wondered about what the difference is with the smaller one. Maybe it's the layout. But guess I'll just have to get used to the Google one. I've tried some other file managers but the ones I've tried had other stuff with it that I didn't need (I don't remember what they were). But thank you.
    04-30-2021 08:44 PM
    04-30-2021 09:21 PM
    That would be nice... if I knew how. Do you know how? What do you mean by "launcher"?
    Try this. Long press an empty spot on your homescreen, tap 'Widgets', scroll down the list until you find 'Settings', drag it to the screen and look for the 'Storage' option.
    04-30-2021 09:24 PM
    Try this. Long press an empty spot on your homescreen, tap 'Widgets', scroll down the list until you find 'Settings', drag it to the screen and look for the 'Storage' option.
    Thank you, but there are no settings for Widgets on my phone.
    04-30-2021 09:45 PM
    Well, I don't necessarily dislike the Google File manager, just wondered about what the difference is with the smaller one. Maybe it's the layout. But guess I'll just have to get used to the Google one. I've tried some other file managers but the ones I've tried had other stuff with it that I didn't need (I don't remember what they were). But thank you.
    Try Total Commander. Free and ad-free, and no extraneous stuff (although there are some plug-ins you can add on, also free.
    04-30-2021 09:55 PM
    Try Total Commander. Free and ad-free, and no extraneous stuff (although there are some plug-ins you can add on, also free.
    Thank you, I'll check it out.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-08-2021 01:19 PM