Mail wont sync!!! :-(

bluer0se1

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
After some very poor advice from a friend I attempted to upgrade to the new Gingerbread yesterday from Froyo in an attempt to resolve some browsing issues I was having.. timing out and such... omg what a nightmare!! First thing it totally crashed my phone would only go black screen, touch function wouldn't work nothing would I couldn't even power down the phone had to do a battery pull just to turn the thing off!!.. called Verizon to fix they said couldn't be fixed needed to be replaced... turns out the rep just had no clue what she was doing.. I did some research and found the correct way to do a factory reset and used the entire day but got everything set up. I hate the new look and functionality of it and now I've come to realize that my email wont sync... I have yahoo email I have searched and searched the net and tried everything please tell me someone can help!! First I loaded the yahoo mail app just as I used before the nightmare began ... nope no cigar , then tried the stock app for yahoo mail... no cigar there either, then I tried pop mail... you guessed it NADA then I tried deleting everything account related that had anything to do with email pulled the battery and tried these things all over again... one by one and of course still I get no notifications.... can you tell I'm definitely not fond of this new gingerbread upgrade?? Please please someone help me get out of my GB nightmare!!

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I have Gingerbread and use the regular Yahoo app to retrieve Yahoo Mail. Just launch the app and there is a mail icon in the upper right corner. It's not push and you have to check mail manually, but it works.

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I have GB and the yahoo app push mail just fine. You need to make sure to set up the yahoo account in settings, Account and Sync