My Samsung A20E had a few problems charging a couple of weeks ago, then started charging OK. I put it down to some dust on the usb connection. Yesterday it again stopped charging. I looked at Samsung's FAQs and followed the "boot in safe mode" option, which allowed my phone to charge. Samsung suggest this indicates it's an app stopping the phone charging. I suspect Norton 360. I've tried forcing a stop and the phone charges; sometimes. Most times. But as soon as I connect the phone to my Windows PC (via USB) it immediately won't charge. If I remove it from the pc connected usb it still won't charge until I do a force stop on Norton. Having said that, I THINK it's Norton giving the problem, but any other options will be greatly received and tried. I've tried many cables, so am pretty sure it's not a cable issue.
    06-09-2021 08:05 AM
    Hi, welcome to AC!

I would uninstall Norton and monitor if it's ok
    06-09-2021 10:59 AM
    It is a really bad idea to have Norton on any device but especially on Android. It is a terrible programme.
    06-09-2021 11:29 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does the charging issue only happen when connected to your PC's USB port, or does it also happen when you're plugged into a wall outlet?
    06-09-2021 11:15 PM
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions. @mustang7757 - I'm now using MS Edge to access the forum - thanks for your help with that.

I've uninstalled Norton 360 and still have the non-charging issue. It seems to be provoked by connecting to my PC's usb ports. When I connect it the phone makes its "connected" noise and the "charging" icon at top-right shows for about one second, then it reverts to the normal battery icon without the charging "lightning bolt."

In addition to the above, I've tried the below:-

I attached to a mains electrical plug & boot in Safe mode and the phone charges. I can then unplug, plug in and the phone resumes charging.

If I then restart it "normally" - not in safe mode - whilst connected to mains electric charger, it charges (although it seems to take about 5 seconds to recognise it's in charging mode - I'm pretty sure this used to be almost instantaneous - maybe not relevant?).

I then connected to my pc, using the same usb cable, and the phone charged, although it was not visible in Windows Explorer.

I then disconnected from the PC, reconnected to the pc and the charging indicator showed for approximately one second, then shows that it's NOT charging (the "lightning bolt" indicator goes out).

Developer Options > USB Debugging is turned on.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    06-10-2021 03:41 AM
    If the problem goes away and stays away in Safe Mode, then something you installed is likely the culprit. If it's not Norton 360, then it's something else. Unfortunately, it can be a bit tedious to pinpoint the problem -- you may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away.

Do you have any battery-saver apps like Accubattery installed?
    06-10-2021 09:25 AM
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions. @mustang7757 - I'm now using MS Edge to access the forum - thanks for your help with that.

I've uninstalled Norton 360 and still have the non-charging issue. It seems to be provoked by connecting to my PC's usb ports. When I connect it the phone makes its "connected" noise and the "charging" icon at top-right shows for about one second, then it reverts to the normal battery icon without the charging "lightning bolt."

In addition to the above, I've tried the below:-

I attached to a mains electrical plug & boot in Safe mode and the phone charges. I can then unplug, plug in and the phone resumes charging.

If I then restart it "normally" - not in safe mode - whilst connected to mains electric charger, it charges (although it seems to take about 5 seconds to recognise it's in charging mode - I'm pretty sure this used to be almost instantaneous - maybe not relevant?).

I then connected to my pc, using the same usb cable, and the phone charged, although it was not visible in Windows Explorer.

I then disconnected from the PC, reconnected to the pc and the charging indicator showed for approximately one second, then shows that it's NOT charging (the "lightning bolt" indicator goes out).

Developer Options > USB Debugging is turned on.
    Glad you able to respond now !
    06-10-2021 09:26 AM
    "Do you have any battery-saver apps like Accubattery installed?"

I don't have any battery-saver apps installed but do have battery saving settings on, although don't recall making recent changes to them.

FWIW, I charged the phone overnight, disconnected from mains, 30 minutes later, reconnected and it's not charging :0(

I'll tinker with battery saver settings and start uninstalling apps.

Thanks again!
    06-11-2021 12:53 AM
    Try also wiping the cache partition: https://www.t-mobile.com/support/dev...ung-galaxy-a20
    06-11-2021 09:31 AM
    It appears that connecting to my pc is provoking this issue. Does that highlight anything obvious I can do to solve it, before I start uninstalling?

Something else I've noticed is that the first time I connect to mains, the "charging" icon is active almost immediately. Subsequent connections, it takes about six seconds to appear. Could that be significant?

Summary:-
    charge 'normally' connected to mains - all is OK.

Connect to computer - "charging" lightning bolt shows, then goes out and phone will not charge, even if then placed on mains electricity. I then have to go into safe mode, then boot into 'normal' mode, then it will charge again on mains electricity.

I've also wiped the cache partition
    06-13-2021 03:39 AM
    It appears that connecting to my pc is provoking this issue. Does that highlight anything obvious I can do to solve it, before I start uninstalling?

Something else I've noticed is that the first time I connect to mains, the "charging" icon is active almost immediately. Subsequent connections, it takes about six seconds to appear. Could that be significant?

Summary:-
    charge 'normally' connected to mains - all is OK.

Connect to computer - "charging" lightning bolt shows, then goes out and phone will not charge, even if then placed on mains electricity. I then have to go into safe mode, then boot into 'normal' mode, then it will charge again on mains electricity.

I've also wiped the cache partition
    Try uninstall the apps one by one until it back to normal
    06-13-2021 10:25 AM