On a specific device, the charging/file transfer options aren't showing up on a specific tablet, but appears on another tablet of the same model.

Could this be a sign of a larger issue?

Thanks!
    07-03-2021 03:14 AM
    This is using the same cable? Have you made sure the device's USB port is clear of any debris, by blowing it out with a can of compressed air, and cleaning the port with a dry toothbrush?
    J Dubbs likes this.
    07-03-2021 03:35 AM
    It charges, but the USB menu doesn't appear. I'm concerned something installed is preventing it from appearing but I don't know of a way to verify that.
    07-06-2021 08:05 AM
    It charges, but the USB menu doesn't appear. I'm concerned something installed is preventing it from appearing but I don't know of a way to verify that.
    Might be a bent data pin or just a faulty USB port altogether. Could always do a factory reset to rule out software after trying Diddys' suggestions above. If that doesn't fix it then take it to your local repair shop and see if they can replace the USB port.
    07-06-2021 08:10 AM
    Which tablet?
    07-06-2021 09:27 AM
    Did you already try cleaning out the port as I suggested?
    07-06-2021 10:51 AM
    There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the charging port, but the situation has gotten worse as rather than the USB options menu not appearing, the device no longer charges as if the battery has been over-drained.

This appears to be the situation shown in this video:
    07-15-2021 11:18 PM
    There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the charging port, but the situation has gotten worse as rather than the USB options menu not appearing, the device no longer charges as if the battery has been over-drained.

This appears to be the situation shown in this video:
    So you willing to take it apart?
    07-16-2021 12:05 AM
    I was starting to worry that might be necessary. After leaving it alone for a few hours and trying again, it turned on to 44% like a miracle! That leaves me worried about how fast the device discharges though.
    07-16-2021 01:18 AM
    Possible battery degradation
    07-16-2021 01:30 AM
    Seems to be. I have 2 other similar tablets don't have that problem, but I worry that malware may be responsible for further degradation, but Malwarebytes hasn't detected any problems.
    07-16-2021 03:01 AM
    Seems to be. I have 2 other similar tablets don't have that problem, but I worry that malware may be responsible for further degradation, but Malwarebytes hasn't detected any problems.
    If it hasn't been detected then most likely dont have malware bytes
    07-16-2021 09:36 AM
    It gets strange spam notifications, like it had subscribed to something I was unaware of. Not sure how to manage them though.
    07-23-2021 08:32 AM