Am I in the right place?

Noel Fitzpatrick

Jul 18, 2021
Visit site
I have been using computers for years and am now retired. Unfortunately at work there was a great help service which I miss. My problems are very basic, but cause me frustration.
I cannot change the ring tone on my wife's phone when I call her, but the change works from other phones. Are changes kept in cache?

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi there and welcome to Android Central. The ringtones are saved in the ringtones folder if she is using custom tones and then she will be able to apply it for you.

Which phone are you using? You should be able to add a custom ringtone for you in the contacts app under your name.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Hope you don't mind, but I moved your thread to the General Help forum, which I think is a better place to get answers than the Introductions forum.

Do you mean that her phone is playing one ringtone when you call, and another ringtone when other people call?

Noel Fitzpatrick

Jul 18, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for the generous welcome and suggestions.

A constant issue for me is to define exactly my problem. In preparing my post I had to do that, but B. Diddy clarified exactly my difficulty. I spent hours trying to solve the concern, but finally did it, as I had not realized the unwanted ringtone was in the contact for me on my wife’s phone. When that was changed the problem was solved.

I am delighted to be here and hope that all my niggling problems will be solved over time.

Thanks, again.

Ben xfg

Nov 12, 2019
Visit site

A constant issue for me is to define exactly my problem. In preparing my post I had to do that, but B. Diddy clarified exactly my difficulty. I spent hours trying to solve the concern, but finally did it, as I had not realized the unwanted ringtone was in the contact for me on my wife’s phone. When that was changed the problem was solved.

I am delighted to be here and hope that all my niggling problems will be solved over time.

Thanks, again.

Of course we will help if we can! Which one shall we tackle next?

Noel Fitzpatrick

Jul 18, 2021
Visit site
A thing to help me would be a good up to date glossary of terms used in Android, with accurate, simple and clear definitions. I used to use Macs and it was difficult to change to Android terms. Also it is difficult to describe exactly what problems are, and other peoples issues, without knowing the language.

Also a reference to build up Android knowledge would help me.

Sorry to throw all difficulties in one post, but any help is welcome and pardon my lack of knowledge.
Regrads and thand

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site

Thanks, again.

Glad we could help.

Noel Fitzpatrick

Jul 18, 2021
Visit site
This is outdated now (because it became too hard to keep updating it with every version upgrade), but a lot of the basics still stand: [GUIDE] Getting Started with Android (UPDATED 2016 for Nougat) - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
Hi B. Diddy,
Many thanks for your reply and all the others I received.
When one is over 80 it is important not to waste time, so I appreciate focused recommendations concerning information. I will read/study the Guide you have referenced.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital