10-17-2021 02:40 PM
55 123
tools
    You can also select custom in contact app and it will combine all your accounts,sim contacts in your contact app , just another option instead of import to your Google account
    Yes i understand that as well. But unless contacts show up in phone it will not load onto my vehicle for contacts..so seems no matter what i do phone still show no contacts. But they show everywhere else.
    10-16-2021 05:17 PM
    What tool are you refering to?
    In the Samsung contact app , can u see my last screenshot?
    10-16-2021 05:22 PM
    In the Samsung contact app , can u see my last screenshot?
    I see your screen shot but do not have that app on my phone
    10-16-2021 05:28 PM
    This is the default app for Samsung for years , my screenshotWhy i can't export or import my contacts from airtel sim card-screenshot_20211016-182932_nova7.jpg
    10-16-2021 05:30 PM
    I see your screen shot but do not have that app on my phone
    I do not see that app available anywhere. Not even on samsung.com?
    10-16-2021 05:31 PM
    This is the default app for Samsung for years , my screenshotClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20211016-182932_Nova7.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	5.6 KB 
ID:	337883
    Thats what i have as my contact app
    10-16-2021 05:34 PM
    Thats what i have as my contact app
    Ok so when you open that app ,then tap the 4 bars left side you see manage contacts?
    10-16-2021 05:49 PM
    Ok so when you open that app ,then tap the 4 bars left side you see manage contacts?
    Yes
    Go to import/export
    Select import for sims card
    Then export to phone
    Select all contacts
    Watch it transfer
    Go back to many page where it shows accounts and # of contacts.
    Phone show the # i transferred then as i watch they start to disapear from phone
    Then show only on gmail account
    Google account, sim and now custom. Phone shows 0
    10-16-2021 05:56 PM
    Yes
    Go to import/export
    Select import for sims card
    Then export to phone
    Select all contacts
    Watch it transfer
    Go back to many page where it shows accounts and # of contacts.
    Phone show the # i transferred then as i watch they start to disapear from phone
    Then show only on gmail account
    Google account, sim and now custom. Phone shows 0
    Also all i listed are in black but phone is in red?
    10-16-2021 05:57 PM
    When i look at sync contacts i do not see contacts listed as an account. Should i?
    Go to Settings>Accounts>Manage Accounts, then select your Google account. Then tap Sync Account, and look for Contacts there. Is the toggle on? If so, when does it say was the last time it synced?

Also, in the Samsung Contacts app, tap the menu button at the upper left, then tap All Contacts. Does your Google account show up in that list?
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-16-2021 05:58 PM
    Strange, have you tried the google contact app if it does same , download from play store
    10-16-2021 05:58 PM
    Go to Settings>Accounts>Manage Accounts, then select your Google account. Then tap Sync Account, and look for Contacts there. Is the toggle on? If so, when does it say was the last time it synced?

Also, in the Samsung Contacts app, tap the menu button at the upper left, then tap All Contacts. Does your Google account show up in that list?
    Good point
    10-16-2021 05:59 PM
    Yes i understand that as well. But unless contacts show up in phone it will not load onto my vehicle for contacts..so seems no matter what i do phone still show no contacts. But they show everywhere else.
    I didn't see you mention this until now -- it seems odd that your car system will only pay attention to the contacts in the local Phone account, and not those in your Google account. Which car do you have? Is it a factory-installed system, or an aftermarket?
    10-16-2021 06:01 PM
    I didn't see you mention this until now -- it seems odd that your car system will only pay attention to the contacts in the local Phone account, and not those in your Google account. Which car do you have? Is it a factory-installed system, or an aftermarket?
    It will unless you car system can log into Google
    10-16-2021 06:04 PM
    2021 colorado factory system
    10-16-2021 06:05 PM
    Good point
    Yes it does.
    10-16-2021 06:09 PM
    Yes it does.
    How about like b. Diddy suggest in settings>accounts all sync on ?
    10-16-2021 06:10 PM
    It will unless you car system can log into Google
    But I've always been able to have the contacts from my Google Contacts account show up in all of my cars.
    @wizzard44, you're connecting via Bluetooth, and not via USB, correct? Go to Settings>Bluetooth​ and tap the gear icon next to the car system -- is the Contact Sharing option turned on?
    10-16-2021 06:10 PM
    But I've always been able to have the contacts from my Google Contacts account show up in all of my cars.
    @wizzard44, you're connecting via Bluetooth, and not via USB, correct? Go to Settings>Bluetooth​ and tap the gear icon next to the car system -- is the Contact Sharing option turned on?
    You have option in your car system to log into google ? It can sync through Bluetooth from your phone the contacts, but the radio itself needs to be Andriod radio to do that
    10-16-2021 06:13 PM
    Nope, I've never had an option in my car systems to log into Google. A decent system should just be able to sync whatever contacts are in the phone's Contacts app (regardless of the account).
    10-16-2021 06:15 PM
    Nope, I've never had an option in my car systems to log into Google. A decent system should just be able to sync whatever contacts are in the phone's Contacts app (regardless of the account).
    Agree thats done through Bluetooth
    10-16-2021 06:23 PM
    I have tried it both ways. I can try again tomorrow.
    I am taking a break since this has given me a headache. Will go at it again. Thank you both for all your help. I was trying to you a video of the steps but file was to big to send by messsnger
    mustang7757 and B. Diddy like this.
    10-16-2021 06:29 PM
    I am taking a break since this has given me a headache. Will go at it again. Thank you both for all your help. I was trying to you a video of the steps but file was to big to send by messsnger
    Understand lol ..ok follow up tomorrow
    10-16-2021 06:29 PM
    The best way to post a video here would be to upload it to the cloud (like YouTube or your Google Photos) and then share the private link.
    10-16-2021 06:36 PM

The best way to post a video here would be to upload it to the cloud (like YouTube or your Google Photos) and then share the private link.
    Understand lol ..ok follow up tomorrow
    Video sent
    10-17-2021 09:47 AM
55 123