Why i can't export or import my contacts from airtel sim card

wizzard44

Oct 16, 2021
Visit site
Okay any help would be appreciated. I have a samsung s8. My contacts are saved on my sims card. When i try to export them to my phone it appears they transfer and when i look they are there. Then as i watch they disappear 1 at a time in about 6 seconds. I also have tried adding a new contact but it does not save it to the phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you sure those contacts are saved to the SIM card, or are they actually saved to your Phone account? They're similar, but a SIM card typically only holds a maximum of about 250 contacts (and a lot of devices don't even have an option to save a contact to the SIM card), while the Phone account should be able to store a lot more.

When you export the contacts, you're creating a VCF file, right? You should import those contacts into your Google account this way: https://support.google.com/contacts/answer/1069522?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop

wizzard44

Oct 16, 2021
Visit site
Thank you Diddy for your help but i got it to save. Exported from my google account instead of my sims and it now is saved on my phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you Diddy for your help but i got it to save. Exported from my google account instead of my sims and it now is saved on my phone.
Yeah keep them saved to your Google account that way when you change device they will all be there when log into google.

wizzard44

Oct 16, 2021
Visit site
Well spoke to soon. Contact were gone off my phone when i got up. Tried to import by 1 file, individually nothing saves them to the phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's not clear to me -- you tried importing the VCF file into your Google Contacts using your computer browser?

wizzard44

Oct 16, 2021
Visit site
It's not clear to me -- you tried importing the VCF file into your Google Contacts using your computer browser?
I have tried exporting from VCF file to phone. I have tried exporting from sims card. I have tried exporting from google account all to my phone. All as 1 file or individually. But it does not save to phone. Even if i try to transfer just 1 contact to phone it does not save it.

wizzard44

Oct 16, 2021
Visit site
I have tried exporting from VCF file to phone. I have tried exporting from sims card. I have tried exporting from google account all to my phone. All as 1 file or individually. But it does not save to phone. Even if i try to transfer just 1 contact to phone it does not save it.
Is there a way for me to attach a video here to show you?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Your terminology doesn't quite make sense to me. The way it works, you export contacts to a VCF file, and then import that VCF file into your Google Contacts.

Just to be sure, are you following these steps?

1. Export files to VCF.
2. Copy the VCF file to your computer (either via USB connection or via uploading to Google Drive and then downloading the file to your computer from Google Drive).
3. Go to contacts.google.com on your computer browser.
4. In the left column, click Import.
5. Select the VCF file you copied to the computer.

wizzard44

Oct 16, 2021
Visit site
Your terminology doesn't quite make sense to me. The way it works, you export contacts to a VCF file, and then import that VCF file into your Google Contacts.

Just to be sure, are you following these steps?

1. Export files to VCF.
2. Copy the VCF file to your computer (either via USB connection or via uploading to Google Drive and then downloading the file to your computer from Google Drive).
3. Go to contacts.google.com on your computer browser.
4. In the left column, click Import.
5. Select the VCF file you copied to the computer.
I dont think the problem is importing or exporting to google.com. i have the contacts on google, sims card and samsung account but i can transfer from any of these to my phone. Do i need to do this by computer?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If the contacts are in your Google Contacts in the cloud, then they should sync automatically to your Contacts app on your phone, assuming you have Google Contacts sync turned on in Setting>Accounts. Or are you trying to import the contacts specifically to the Phone account (and if so, is there a reason you prefer that)?

wizzard44

Oct 16, 2021
Visit site
If the contacts are in your Google Contacts in the cloud, then they should sync automatically to your Contacts app on your phone, assuming you have Google Contacts sync turned on in Setting>Accounts. Or are you trying to import the contacts specifically to the Phone account (and if so, is there a reason you prefer that)?
When i look at sync contacts i do not see contacts listed as an account. Should i?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20