Why i can't export or import my contacts from airtel sim card

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You can also select custom in contact app and it will combine all your accounts,sim contacts in your contact app , just another option instead of import to your Google account

wizzard44

Oct 16, 2021
Visit site
You can also select custom in contact app and it will combine all your accounts,sim contacts in your contact app , just another option instead of import to your Google account
Yes i understand that as well. But unless contacts show up in phone it will not load onto my vehicle for contacts..so seems no matter what i do phone still show no contacts. But they show everywhere else.

wizzard44

Oct 16, 2021
Visit site
Ok so when you open that app ,then tap the 4 bars left side you see manage contacts?
Yes
Go to import/export
Select import for sims card
Then export to phone
Select all contacts
Watch it transfer
Go back to many page where it shows accounts and # of contacts.
Phone show the # i transferred then as i watch they start to disapear from phone
Then show only on gmail account
Google account, sim and now custom. Phone shows 0

wizzard44

Oct 16, 2021
Visit site
Yes
Go to import/export
Select import for sims card
Then export to phone
Select all contacts
Watch it transfer
Go back to many page where it shows accounts and # of contacts.
Phone show the # i transferred then as i watch they start to disapear from phone
Then show only on gmail account
Google account, sim and now custom. Phone shows 0
Also all i listed are in black but phone is in red?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When i look at sync contacts i do not see contacts listed as an account. Should i?

Go to Settings>Accounts>Manage Accounts, then select your Google account. Then tap Sync Account, and look for Contacts there. Is the toggle on? If so, when does it say was the last time it synced?

Also, in the Samsung Contacts app, tap the menu button at the upper left, then tap All Contacts. Does your Google account show up in that list?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Go to Settings>Accounts>Manage Accounts, then select your Google account. Then tap Sync Account, and look for Contacts there. Is the toggle on? If so, when does it say was the last time it synced?

Also, in the Samsung Contacts app, tap the menu button at the upper left, then tap All Contacts. Does your Google account show up in that list?
Good point

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes i understand that as well. But unless contacts show up in phone it will not load onto my vehicle for contacts..so seems no matter what i do phone still show no contacts. But they show everywhere else.

I didn't see you mention this until now -- it seems odd that your car system will only pay attention to the contacts in the local Phone account, and not those in your Google account. Which car do you have? Is it a factory-installed system, or an aftermarket?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I didn't see you mention this until now -- it seems odd that your car system will only pay attention to the contacts in the local Phone account, and not those in your Google account. Which car do you have? Is it a factory-installed system, or an aftermarket?
It will unless you car system can log into Google

wizzard44

Oct 16, 2021
Visit site
2021 colorado factory system

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech