Why i can't export or import my contacts from airtel sim card

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It will unless you car system can log into Google

But I've always been able to have the contacts from my Google Contacts account show up in all of my cars.
@wizzard44, you're connecting via Bluetooth, and not via USB, correct? Go to Settings>Bluetooth​ and tap the gear icon next to the car system -- is the Contact Sharing option turned on?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
But I've always been able to have the contacts from my Google Contacts account show up in all of my cars.
@wizzard44, you're connecting via Bluetooth, and not via USB, correct? Go to Settings>Bluetooth​ and tap the gear icon next to the car system -- is the Contact Sharing option turned on?
You have option in your car system to log into google ? It can sync through Bluetooth from your phone the contacts, but the radio itself needs to be Andriod radio to do that

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Nope, I've never had an option in my car systems to log into Google. A decent system should just be able to sync whatever contacts are in the phone's Contacts app (regardless of the account).

wizzard44

Oct 16, 2021
Visit site
I have tried it both ways. I can try again tomorrow.
I am taking a break since this has given me a headache. Will go at it again. Thank you both for all your help. I was trying to you a video of the steps but file was to big to send by messsnger

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am taking a break since this has given me a headache. Will go at it again. Thank you both for all your help. I was trying to you a video of the steps but file was to big to send by messsnger
Understand lol ..ok follow up tomorrow

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

The best way to post a video here would be to upload it to the cloud (like YouTube or your Google Photos) and then share the private link.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The issue with the Google or Samsung contacts not showing up in the car stereo is still what puzzles me, since as I mentioned before, any decent car stereo system made in the last few years should be able to sync those contacts, and not just the Phone account contacts.

Did you already check to make sure the Contact Sharing option is turned on in the Bluetooth settings?

wizzard44

Oct 16, 2021
Visit site
The issue with the Google or Samsung contacts not showing up in the car stereo is still what puzzles me, since as I mentioned before, any decent car stereo system made in the last few years should be able to sync those contacts, and not just the Phone account contacts.

Did you already check to make sure the Contact Sharing option is turned on in the Bluetooth settings?
Well i have managed to transfer my contacts from my google account to my vehicle so i am good with that but still seems weird i cant save to phone. Thanks for your help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995