Important (to me) Gimbal Question

Vindictator

Jul 22, 2021
Visit site
OK. I just ended up buying a new LG Velvet. For the most part, it's a nice phone. But the reason for this post is this. I've ordered 2 separate gimbals from Amazon for my ANDROID phone just to have to return them because not all the features worked unless I was using an iphone. This is my 1st post, so I'll tone it down. But what I'm feeling right now is 'to hell with iphones'. I've owned 1, and will never, ever own another.
I'm looking for a gimbal that works with Android using ALL the features of the gimbals' software...not a third or 1/2 of the features.
Can anyone please advise me to best gimgal for an Android? I want a good one, and I one that allows me to use all the features it offers.
Sorry if this post is a little off base, but I'm still steamed about what I just posted. I'll be checking back here quite often in hopes for a couple good recommendations. Thanks in advance.
-Vin

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I don't know a lot about gimbals but I do know most Android manufacturers don't fully open up their cameras to 3rd party apps. So depending upon the feature it may not be possible with any gimbal on your phone.

It would help to know which gimbals you've tried and what features aren't working.

Vindictator

Jul 22, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. The 1st gimbal I bought was the Hohem for iPhone AND Android. (Right) It worked with my phone, but would not zoom in or out, and, it failed to completely rotate as the ad said it would. The face following feature would bring up the green box for you to tell it what to follow...but it had no clue. My 2nd was a DJI (and I like most of their products I've bought) which wouldn't let me shoot videos and still shots without logging out of the gimbal software, picking what I wanted to do and then logging back in. These are simply unacceptable. I realize the gimbals' purpose is to get smooth, not jumpy, video. However, seeing and holding features in your hand that don't work...well, pick a word for that here. Kinda burns me up knowing without any doubts, Android phones are far superior in MANY ways yet Apple gets most of the preferential treatment. The documentaries I've watched claims 80% of North America uses iphones...when the rest of the world uses 80% Andoid. Maybe I should login to the UK and see if I can find what I'm looking for. Sorry this got so long, but I'm runnung out of time to obtain one by the middle of August.
Thanks again for your reply...any productive help will be extremely appreciated.
-Vinny

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for the slow response, was on a canoe trip in Minnesota, not much time on the phone and actually had no service part of the day.

I would have recommended you try DJI but you already have so I did a little digging.

I can find online that DJI doesn't support all the same features on Android but no mention as to why.

Zhiyun would of been my next recommendation until I found in a review that the Android app doesn't have all the features found on the iOS app.

Any other gimbal I looked at I couldn't figure out what features they actually have or if Android is limited vs iOS. However considering the highly recommended options don't have feature parity I doubt any of the less popular options do.

Vindictator

Jul 22, 2021
Visit site
Well thanks, I do appreciate your help. Guess I'll just have to wait until one pops up from somewhere. I'll keep checking here and post about it when I find one. Take care..