Hi folks.
    My wife has bought herself a Samsung Galaxy A52 5G phone, and there are some ringtones and notifications on it I'd like to access so I can copy them and use them on my own phone.
    But I can't find ringtones or message tones or anything else ANYWHERE on the phone.
    Is anyone able to tell me where these things are stored on the A52?
    Thanks and regards,
    scoopyx.
    07-26-2021 12:43 AM
    Hi, welcome to AC!
    If you go to settings>sounds>ringtone tap you should see the stock ones for the phones and scroll down to notification and tap the same as well

Edit: I see your been a member for some time but first post , that's why I'm welcomed you .
    07-26-2021 01:08 AM
    It depends on how she is getting the ringtone. If it is a preinstalled ringtone (RT) that she's getting with tone selector then you won't find those on the phone. They are part of the OS and are not accessible without root access to the system files. I would assume that you would have figured out how to get ones that she imported from an app.

If you want a tone there are two ways I can think of that you might find them. Google is the first way that comes to mind. Find out the name of the tone and search something like, tone name samsung ringtone. When I just tried it Google actually completed my search with, MP3 download, and showed me a few places to find it one of which is the second way I was going to recommend, an app. There are a ton of ringtone apps on the Plays Store. One of the most well known, and arguably most popular, Zedge. I don't know if they fixed or changed the "bug" with the app that doesn't allow downloading the tone. I mean you are downloading the RT but before you could purely download it to a folder and use them for individual contacts or app or really however you wanted. Then it stopped doing that and you could download the RT but only if you applied it to something. So if you were assigning it to the phone ringing it would work or if you were assigning it to general notifications that was OK. If you just wanted the tone because you didn't want to apply it to everything that would glitch out. I actually came up with a work-a-round for that so if you post back I can explain that. When I and others noticed this issue Zedge was pushing their paid service pretty heavily. I feel like they took away pure downloads so they could offer it as part of the paid service. I don't know anyone who's paid so I can't say for sure.

Best wishes
    07-26-2021 01:34 AM
    It depends on how she is getting the ringtone. If it is a preinstalled ringtone (RT) that she's getting with tone selector then you won't find those on the phone. They are part of the OS and are not accessible without root access to the system files. I would assume that you would have figured out how to get ones that she imported from an app.

If you want a tone there are two ways I can think of that you might find them. Google is the first way that comes to mind. Find out the name of the tone and search something like, tone name samsung ringtone. When I just tried it Google actually completed my search with, MP3 download, and showed me a few places to find it one of which is the second way I was going to recommend, an app. There are a ton of ringtone apps on the Plays Store. One of the most well known, and arguably most popular, Zedge. I don't know if they fixed or changed the "bug" with the app that doesn't allow downloading the tone. I mean you are downloading the RT but before you could purely download it to a folder and use them for individual contacts or app or really however you wanted. Then it stopped doing that and you could download the RT but only if you applied it to something. So if you were assigning it to the phone ringing it would work or if you were assigning it to general notifications that was OK. If you just wanted the tone because you didn't want to apply it to everything that would glitch out. I actually came up with a work-a-round for that so if you post back I can explain that. When I and others noticed this issue Zedge was pushing their paid service pretty heavily. I feel like they took away pure downloads so they could offer it as part of the paid service. I don't know anyone who's paid so I can't say for sure.

Best wishes
    You can now download zedge ringtones as mp3
    gendo667 likes this.
    07-26-2021 02:27 AM
    You can now download zedge ringtones as mp3
    The last time I used the app yes and no. So the work-a-round is that you look up the RT you want on Zedge, download it by setting it as whatever, notification ringtone alarm, and it becomes the default for whatever category you set it for. Now you have the RT on your device and can set it for an individual contact, which is what I usually want them for, or use it anywhere you want. Then you have to go back and change your default back to whatever you want the default to be.

As far as a straight download, where the RT is just saved and accessible, no, Zedge seems to have stopped that. Again, around the time I began noticing this, every time I opened the app I was hit with 1 sometimes 2 or 3 offers to upgrade to the paid service. I think they always offered a paid version but it seemed they were really pushing users to upgrade. Which is why I kind of felt like they had taken away the pure download and made that a premium feature, along with whatever else you could do in the paid version. Wallpapers where the same. You could download anything as long as you set it from the app but couldn't straight download them for use later or use in another app or whatever. Not sure if the wallpapers worked the same way because I wasn't really using Zedge for anything other than RTs.

But hey, that was ~1 year ago. Anything could have changed since then and it may have actually been a bug.
    07-26-2021 03:01 AM
    Nope you can download ringtones as straight mp3 from zedge. Did it last week.
    gendo667 and VidJunky like this.
    07-26-2021 03:37 AM