I plugged my phone to charge and it started overheating. When I realized that the phone was so hot, I immediately unplugged the phone,removed the battery and opened the back of the phone for it to quickly cool down. I realized that the pins of the phone for the battery where somehow touching each other. After it cooled down I tried to turn on the phone but it didn't work. I fixed the battery pins and plugged the phone to charge then I tested the phone's battery pins with a voltmeter. But it didn't show any value. Please is there any way out?
    09-11-2021 02:36 PM
    My guess is that you'd have to replace the whole motherboard.
    09-11-2021 03:02 PM
    As already mentioned something on the motherboard probably fried, any component in the device could be shot.

Unfortunately you probably need a new phone and any data that wasn't backed up would be lost.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-11-2021 03:06 PM
    I plugged my phone to charge and it started overheating. When I realized that the phone was so hot, I immediately unplugged the phone,removed the battery and opened the back of the phone for it to quickly cool down. I realized that the pins of the phone for the battery where somehow touching each other. After it cooled down I tried to turn on the phone but it didn't work. I fixed the battery pins and plugged the phone to charge then I tested the phone's battery pins with a voltmeter. But it didn't show any value. Please is there any way out?
    Which device? Did you get a overheat warning on the device?
    09-11-2021 10:34 PM
    Moved the thread to the General Help and How To subforum.
    09-11-2021 11:27 PM