Preparing for my first Android device! Questions...

BretFTW

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
So this Friday I will be picking up my first Android device on the Verizon network. I am torn between the MotoDroid and HTC Droid Eris.

The ONLY reason I am interest in the HTC Droid Eris is because of HTC's Sense UI. But it runs 1.5 and has no physical keyboard and I would rather have 2.0. Is there a way to port HTC's Sense UI onto a non HTC Device?

Also another question. I am a Mac user, how well does Android work with Mac in terms of syncing?

Your answers are much appreciated!

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
HTC Sense has yet to be ported to another manufacturers hardware. 2.0 for HTC should be here by the end of the year.

Missing Sync is available for Mac. Honesty it's easier to sync iCal and Contact with Google and let the phone do all the syncing. If you've used Missing Sync with your BB you know what a pain it can be.

bigthinker

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
Bret, I tried both of these devices out for about 5 days before making my move from the Blackberry Tour to the 2.0 by Moto. I think the HTC is a good unit and more comparable possibly to the IPhone but, for a slide out keyboard and to my knowledge, better batterie life...The 2.0 won my heart!!! Good Luck.

gsontag

Nov 17, 2009
facebook.com
I never played around with the Eris so i cant comment on how it stacks up the the droid. That being said, the droid is amazing.

As far as the mac syncing goes, all of my calenders/contacts are already on gmail so i didnt have to deal with that. Like ERDude said you can sync ical and your address book with gmail and then go from there. The only real issue i have is with music. I put about 10 gb of music on the droid and it is a little more complicated then it should be and album art gets lost. both issues are minor, adding music jsut takes getting used to and there is like 2$ album art graber app that finds the artwork for you.

Wow, sorry that was a lot of stuff and im not even sure if you care all that much about syncing music! oh well, at least now you know.

InSearch

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
As to syncing with Mac you can try free edition of SyncMate. You'll be able to sync several essential things, though not directly, via Google, but the reliability is worth additional step. The bonus is that you'll be also able to apply the software for your other Mac syncing needs without any charge.