Looking for a tablet for light daily use (Youtube/ Instagram), with native google services

Dusk Fall

Aug 1, 2019
Visit site
Hello everyone. I had a huawei tablet from 2018 up until last spring, when I got an updated model because I wanted to use wireless earbuds on it. Turns out I didn't do enough research because new tablets from huawei don't have google services on them (totally bricking them for me).

I managed to install google services with some youtuber's help but that lasted 6 months. I never want to have to resort to that again, so I'm looking for a new android tablet. Things I want from it:

It has to have google services

It has to support wireless earbuds

It has to have instagram

About 8" size is fine, a little bigger is not a deal breaker, but not necessary

Not a google device. I bought their very first nexus 7 tablet in 2013 and it became so slow just a year later that it was unusable.

I'm only going to use it lightly on a daily basis, watching youtube while working out and the occasional instagram browsing. I want something that will remain fast for at least a couple of years if not more.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying to find a decent tablet this size for a while. So far, the ones I've tried are decent on paper, but not so great in real world performance. The Lenovo Tab 4 8" has a good 720p screen and stereo speakers, but is pretty old (Android 8.1) and has a fairly weak Snapdragon 425 CPU and a measly 16 GB internal storage. The Lenovo Tab M8 FHD has a better 1080p screen and was updated to Android 10, but has only one speaker, and more importantly can get pretty sluggish (MediaTek Helio P22T). More recently, I got a TCL Tab 8, which should be a lot better (with 1080P screen, Android 10, Snapdragon 665, still only mono speaker), but the firmware is terrible -- it kills apps aggressively in the background such that you can't even listen to Spotify while doing something else.

As Kizzy Catwoman mentioned, Samsung would probably be a better bet -- specifically the Tab A7 lite, which starts at $159 in the US (although it's currently on sale at Best Buy for $129). But that tablet also uses the MediaTek Helio P22T CPU (like the Lenovo Tab M8 FHD), so I'd be concerned that it has the same tendency towards sluggishness.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2