I'm using a Pixel 5 -- The stock Messages app always defaults phone calls to Google Voice. If I use the Phone app, it uses my carrier (Verizon) as it should. (Under "Settings/Calls & SMS" I have both set to Verizon.)

The situation is this: If you open a message thread from a person, there is a little phone icon at the top to allow you to call the sender of the message. If I click that icon, it always uses my Google Voice number, not Verizon.

Is there a setting to turn this off somewhere?
    Thanks
    Rob
    11-24-2021 12:44 PM
    Go to the Messages settings, and tap Advanced. What is listed under Phone Number? If it's your Google Voice number, what happens if you change it to your actual cell number?
    11-24-2021 01:07 PM
    I'm using a Pixel 5 -- The stock Messages app always defaults phone calls to Google Voice. If I use the Phone app, it uses my carrier (Verizon) as it should. (Under "Settings/Calls & SMS" I have both set to Verizon.)

The situation is this: If you open a message thread from a person, there is a little phone icon at the top to allow you to call the sender of the message. If I click that icon, it always uses my Google Voice number, not Verizon.

Is there a setting to turn this off somewhere?
    Thanks
    Rob
    Same issue here, not having any luck changing it.
    12-07-2021 10:08 AM
    My wife is dealing the same issue and can't find a fix. She as Google Voice account and number. She tried going through the google voice setup, but it was making her try to port her mobile number.

Pixel uses Google Voice if calling from Messages-pixel-photo.jpg
    12-14-2021 09:52 PM
    My wife is dealing the same issue and can't find a fix. She as Google Voice account and number. She tried going through the google voice setup, but it was making her try to port her mobile number.
    The setup doesn't port the cell phone number it needs the cell phone number to send calls and messages to if you have it set up that way. I'll test it now that I have the P6P because it doesn't function like that on my BB. Maybe it's a setting in GV.
    12-15-2021 06:45 AM
    Deleting Google Voice and reinstalling the app fixed the problem.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-18-2021 04:11 PM