Phone doesn't ring, can't attach files.

Ggawais

Dec 3, 2021
Visit site
Facing these issues for several months on Huawei Y7 Prime 2019 Android 8.1. Phone doesn't ring in incoming calls. I cannot hear the voice of the caller in incoming and outgoing calls. Calls on WhatsApp, etc works fine. The ringtones setting show empty list. When I open it for sometime the list shows up and I can select a ringtone. Then calls ring and voice comes for a few minutes or hours and then again this issue arises. Also I cannot attach files anywhere, Gmail, WhatsApp, Google, nowhere. When I select the files option it opens files for a second and then exits. Also Camera crashes while taking pictures and screen shot doesn't save except when I clear gallery data and open the app. After a few minutes again same problem starts. Please suggest solutions. These all issues seem interconnected.
PS: Phone rings and camera works in safe mode. Not aware of file attachment problem since Gmail and WhatsApp doesn't work in safe mode.

Last edited:

Ggawais

Dec 3, 2021
Visit site
Phone rings and camera works in safe mode. Not aware of file attachment problem since Gmail and WhatsApp doesn't work in safe mode. What to do next. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If it works in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away. Start with the ones you installed or updated most recently, around the time you started noticing the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles