are there any unlocked androids in the US with esim besides the pixel 6?

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
i switched from android to iphone a month ago for esim and am HATING the iphone. ok i love the size and weight...and maybe a few other things. but overall it's a pain. i tried the pixel 6 first, and didn't care for the camera processing (and size of the phone). does anyone else make a flagship device with esim support?

thank you!

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
i thought eSIMs were built into the phone. i don't think i can wait a few months. i'll be back outside the states by then.

do you happen to know of any android that currently support esim (besides the pixel)?

thank you!!!
I'm sorry I don't. It is not a feature that I need. Is there a reason that you cannot use a physical SIM in an unlocked phone?

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry I don't. It is not a feature that I need. Is there a reason that you cannot use a physical SIM in an unlocked phone?

i can. but i am going to do a lot of traveling again soon (covid permitting) and want the convenience of esim. i've never had esim before. but it seems like it will make my life a lot easier switching between countries.

UPDATE: i may have found a samsung with esim on the google fi website. i bought it last night and will report back after i receive it.

Last edited: