Samsung Galaxy S8+ Maintenance Boot Mode Volume up/down keys UNRESPONSIVE

tcbuckwheat1

Jan 13, 2022
Visit site
My Samsung galaxy S8+ lock screen button randomly stopped working, so I couldn't lock my phone or even restart/power off my phone. I put the phone into maintenance boot mode, but I cannot toggle the volume up/down keys to make a selection. It's just stuck and unresponsive.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
Soo all your buttons not responding? Do they physically look ok and a tactile feel when pressing? Do you use a case ?

tcbuckwheat1

Jan 13, 2022
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
Soo all your buttons not responding? Do they physically look ok and a tactile feel when pressing? Do you use a case ?

Hi! Yes, the buttons physically feel fine. My phone has not gotten wet or anything. It was fine one second, and the next the lock button wouldn't work, however, the other buttons did work. Since I could not power off or restart because of the lock button, I put the phone into maintenance boot, and now none of the buttons are responding. However, if I hold the volume down button for about 10 seconds, the screen goes black, but quickly returns to boot mode. I do have a case, but I have removed it to better work with the buttons, but still not luck. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi! Yes, the buttons physically feel fine. My phone has not gotten wet or anything. It was fine one second, and the next the lock button wouldn't work, however, the other buttons did work. Since I could not power off or restart because of the lock button, I put the phone into maintenance boot, and now none of the buttons are responding. However, if I hold the volume down button for about 10 seconds, the screen goes black, but quickly returns to boot mode. I do have a case, but I have removed it to better work with the buttons, but still not luck. Thanks!
Hi, so your probably going to have to take it to a repair center to have further look

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX