Orange warning message recurring

bmann

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Noob here,

I keep getting the orange text box with the message: Sorry, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly, please try again. Usually this box disappears in 1-3 seconds.

I am running a stock Samsung Charge with Go Launcher, Nexus revamped live wallpaper, Gtasks and Business Calendar widgets. The message is easiest to reproduce when i go into settings and manually sync my google calendar, but it seems to occur at other random times too, even though sync is turned off.

What does it mean, how can i troubleshoot this?

Thanks

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Noob here,

I keep getting the orange text box with the message: Sorry, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly, please try again. Usually this box disappears in 1-3 seconds.

I am running a stock Samsung Charge with Go Launcher, Nexus revamped live wallpaper, Gtasks and Business Calendar widgets. The message is easiest to reproduce when i go into settings and manually sync my google calendar, but it seems to occur at other random times too, even though sync is turned off.

What does it mean, how can i troubleshoot this?

Thanks

I would try removing the gmail acount and then add it back in.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Also try clearing the cache in all the Google apps like Gmail, maps, ect.

Settings -> Applications -> all Then scroll to the Google apps and hit the clear cache if not dimmed out.

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I had that for about a month on my Japanese phone. I think it started happening when I installed bump, but I'm not sure, could just be a coincidence.

I fixed it by wiping my phone and starting over, so far hasn't happened yet. WARNING!!!!!!! Because gapps kept force closing, my contacts weren't getting synced and I lost quite a few new contacts I made during those weeks. Be sure to be backups just in case........

bmann

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I found another thread with someone having the same problem on a Galaxy Tab, and it stopped force closing after clearing the data from the Calendar Storage by going into Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/All: Calendar Storage and clicking on Clear Data, and then restoring the calendar data by syncing.

Unfortunately, when i did this on my Charge i lost about 10 appointments that i had entered in my phone, but now that the sync is not force closing i can re-enter them on my Charge and they show up in my online Google calendar again.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I found another thread with someone having the same problem on a Galaxy Tab, and it stopped force closing after clearing the data from the Calendar Storage by going into Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/All: Calendar Storage and clicking on Clear Data, and then restoring the calendar data by syncing.

Unfortunately, when i did this on my Charge i lost about 10 appointments that i had entered in my phone, but now that the sync is not force closing i can re-enter them on my Charge and they show up in my online Google calendar again.

Glad u got it working.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca