connecting droid cellphone to computer

illyad

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a pavilion desktop computer and wish to connect it to my droid cellphone in order to retrieve photos on my phone. When I try to connect phone to computer the computer shuts off my phone. This cable and usb work fine in the Verizon retail store, freely and offertlessy transporting photos but not on my hp. Cell phone salesman says there is a security block of some short and he cannot help me. Hp says that cell phones are not their responsibility but for a small fee that will try to help me.

Reactions: thomastime

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Did you try a different USB port?

Also, in Device manager you can try uninstalling all the USB Root Hubs and then reboot. That will re-install all the USB Hub drivers. Sometimes they get wonky.

Good luck.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a pavilion desktop computer and wish to connect it to my droid cellphone in order to retrieve photos on my phone. When I try to connect phone to computer the computer shuts off my phone. This cable and usb work fine in the Verizon retail store, freely and offertlessy transporting photos but not on my hp. Cell phone salesman says there is a security block of some short and he cannot help me. Hp says that cell phones are not their responsibility but for a small fee that will try to help me.

That's a HP issue you could try getting a memlry card reader and put the card in that and see if that works. There omly like 5bucks at best buy or target.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci