Turn off important labels in gmail?

decyphersmc

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

(Apologies if this was covered in another thread, I searched around but didn't find anything)

I'm using a Nexus One running 2.3.4 and it looks like the gmail app version is 2.3.4.2 and I've noticed they've now incorporated the 'Important Labels' functionality into the app.

Problem is, I don't like/use/desire the important labels and now they're cluttering up my inbox view with a little yellow chevron next to the sender's name and the 'go to inbox' in the menu has moved and where it was is a 'mark important'

I had a look through the settings and I don't have priority inbox as my default, under label's there is a sync option for 'Important' which is set to 'None'.

Also I don't have the important labels for the web version of gmail proper on.

I think I may have accidentally marked one email on my phone as important (because that's where the go to inbox button was) so perhaps that's why they are showing up?

Just wondering if anyone has found a way to turn off/hide the important labels. Really annoyed that Google is making me find out how to opt-out of this feature rather than just asking if I wanted to opt-in:mad:

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

(Apologies if this was covered in another thread, I searched around but didn't find anything)

I'm using a Nexus One running 2.3.4 and it looks like the gmail app version is 2.3.4.2 and I've noticed they've now incorporated the 'Important Labels' functionality into the app.

Problem is, I don't like/use/desire the important labels and now they're cluttering up my inbox view with a little yellow chevron next to the sender's name and the 'go to inbox' in the menu has moved and where it was is a 'mark important'

I had a look through the settings and I don't have priority inbox as my default, under label's there is a sync option for 'Important' which is set to 'None'.

Also I don't have the important labels for the web version of gmail proper on.

I think I may have accidentally marked one email on my phone as important (because that's where the go to inbox button was) so perhaps that's why they are showing up?

Just wondering if anyone has found a way to turn off/hide the important labels. Really annoyed that Google is making me find out how to opt-out of this feature rather than just asking if I wanted to opt-in:mad:
were both in the same boat I to have gone through the setting multiple times and could find nothing to turn it off. Let's hope Google let's us turn them off soon

thina

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Dearest,

Please just go to the Google "Gear" on the right hand > setting> Inbox> Importance Markers> select "No Markers".

Hope this could help you. :)

Regards,
Thina

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech