Able to browse secured networks, fails to browse open networks

sobore

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Using an LG Ally I can connect to both secured wifi networks and open wifi networks.
If I try to browse or exchange data on an open network, the device acts as if I am not connected at all.
Works fine on several secure networks. I am using Lookout security if that means anything.
I am baffled by this. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for your input.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Using an LG Ally I can connect to both secured wifi networks and open wifi networks.
If I try to browse or exchange data on an open network, the device acts as if I am not connected at all.
Works fine on several secure networks. I am using Lookout security if that means anything.
I am baffled by this. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for your input.

That's very weird is if all open networks or just one

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

sobore

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Able to browse secured networks, fails to browse open network

That's very weird is if all open networks or just one

This is on any open network. I'm always able to connect to open networks, but never able to browse.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
This is on any open network. I'm always able to connect to open networks, but never able to browse.

I would try disabling lookout and see if that the issue I don't think its the. cause but its worth a shot. If that does not fix it u might want to consider doing a factory reset

sobore

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

I think I may know what the issue is, but not sure how to solve it.
Many open networks require you to accept the 'terms and conditions' of using their network via a browser page. The android does not launch this page during connection, so the phone is connected but the network is waitng for a reply to the terms.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I think I may know what the issue is, but not sure how to solve it.
Many open networks require you to accept the 'terms and conditions' of using their network via a browser page. The android does not launch this page during connection, so the phone is connected but the network is waitng for a reply to the terms.

That might be the cause at your home can u drop all security on your wifi and see if it lets u connect.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

sobore

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

I downloaded the app Wifi Browser Login and tried to access the open network at McDonalds.
Sure enough the app brought up the access screen for the McDonalds network. I accepted the terms of service and I was able to browse!
Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm