Pretty sure this phone is broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2022
Visit site
Regarding the Android Blu V91. I'm positive that this phone is completely broken.

Now any time I try and google an answer I cannot find a single thing even mentioned about anything I ask about so I basically gave up and now here to just post I guess:

So far I do not have general options on this phone that are supposed to be on every phone, I also do not have options specific to this model. Any time I try to explain this to anyone the reply I get is garbage because people start saying words and phrases to me they didn't bother explaining what they meant before replying, furthermore I get asked about icons that aren't labled so i cannot even answer people what I'm looking at or what they said to do.

So here is a huge list of problems
1. I cannot save pictures from anywhere unless the picture is on a website, and the website allows the picture to be saved, if not then I cannot even save pictures people text me. In order for me to get a picture onto the phone I have to go to my computer, download a picture, then transfer that picture to my phone.

2. I do not even have a settings option on this phone that I can find

3. I cannot edit a contact because there is no edit option/function..The only way I can correct a mistake is to completely delete the contact, then type it all back in.

4. This phone is supposed to have 128GB of memory yet I only took four 2 minute videos, and 6 pictures and when I went to delete something, it told me that my storage was low.

5. Apparently you're supposed to be able to listen to music and watch movies...Not sure why anyone says you can because that isn't true.

6. I Have no alarm, no calendar, no event reminders..in fact there isn't much of anything.

Whatever this phone is supposed to have for features/options..I can't find them. Either that or they aren't on this phone. Either way this is beyond annoying. There was no user manual that came with the phone so I had to call the company and the user manual they emailed me is useless.

What's most annoying is how there isn't a single piece of instruction anywhere on the entire net that answers anything I've asked about.

What is broken? What is your phone doing or not doing? What have you tried so far?
Apparently I didn't know where to actually write anything so I hit post hoping the space to write would come up but instead it posted so I was just editing the entire thing

Read above..

I need a glossary for what ever phrase, word, lingo mean because saying randomw works to me like swipe up means nothing because I have no clue what something like even means

I need an entire list of every single feature, options and menu in this entire phone.

I need an entire list of every icon and the name of it.

I need to be shown the entire menu navigation and interface layout

I need to be shown how to use every option in this phone by being given an actual example of it being used.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2022
Visit site
This phone was purchased brand new at Best Buy. So it's not a second hand phone or used which I got from some shady place or off some questionable person. This was a brand new out of the box and it's been like this since I got it.

The entire problem I have is there are no instructions anywhere for anything I explained above. Furthermore every time I do ask for help I get replies such as look it up, watch youtube, read the user manual, or go to the help center...Which means no one bothered to read my complaints because what I asked about cannot be looked up because the information I need, has never been posted...Anywhere!

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
How long have you had this phone? I'm fairly certain that there is a window to be able to return a phone. It tends to be short, so if you want to do that, you probably need to do this immediately.

Is this your first smart phone? If you've had one before, tell us what you had so we can help you a bit better.

Also, what is the most pressing issue you have. No one here can walk you through EVERYTHING on your phone. But we can help you to get started.

Apr 19, 2022
Visit site
It's very simple, there are no instructions on how to use any phone. How long someone has had a phone or if it's their first phone isn't relevant, the instructions are still supposed to exist to answer any question I posted above.

I mean not even explaining that Swiping up is something that can be done is a serious problem. People trying to say no one needs that piece of information because people try to say it's common knowledge isn't a valid statement. You cannot say swipe up to someone and expect them to know what you mean. You have to first ask them if they know what swiping up even means then ask them if they are aware that swiping things is a generic function of any phone.

Yes those types of things must be mentioned and asked before trying to talk to someone about anything.

First of all it's not common knowledge and secondly it isn't up to anyone to tell someone else what they need for information.

it's like people who use Instagram say use hashtags or I will show you how to use hashtags, they never actually show how to use it, instead the post a wall of useless text or make a useless video that doesn't even show how to even enter a hashtag symbol into Instagram.

I'm quite frankly really tired of the mentality of people on the internet and not explaining anything, then calling what they put out, a tutorial when it's not....
An actually tutorial is going to explain all parts of something regardless of what someone's opinion about what isn't needed.

Once again, people do not get to dictate to someone, what they need for information.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
Give us a little background what phones you had before and are use to?

Best buy do have sales rep or Geek squad that could also help in person.

Any phone you get in this price range your not going to have a good experience , probably would of been better off getting a Motorola for little more.

In messages if you long press the picture does it give option to download?

Storage we would need to see screenshot of your storage page to get a idea whats going on

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=413366

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Regarding your issues from your original post, by number:

1. What happens when you long-press an image in your messaging app? Do you see an option to Save? Do you see a 3-dot menu button appear at the top corner, and if you tap the menu button, do you see a Save option there?

2. Swipe down your notification panel twice. Do you see a gear icon there? Also, open your App Drawer. Do you see a Settings icon there in the alphabetical list of apps?

3. In the Contacts app, when you open a contact, do you see an icon that looks like a pencil? It can be difficult to give you exact guidance, since different manufacturers can modify the user interface somewhat -- so the way it's done on a Pixel phone isn't necessarily how it's done on a Blu phone. Show us a screenshot (but try to block out any identifying information, if you can): http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

4. Do you have an SD card inserted? If so, how big is that, and is your camera app set to save to the SD card by default, or Internal Storage? If the SD card isn't very big, or is almost full, that might be why you're getting the error. It may help to show a screenshot of your Settings>Storage menu as well.

5. This statement is difficult to address, because you don't mention which apps you're trying to use, and what kind of problem you're facing.

6. Alarms are part of the Clock app -- open your App Drawer, open the Clock app there, then look for your Alarm there. The Calendar app should also be in your App Drawer.

It sounds like you might not have a huge amount of experience with Android devices, so my guide might be helpful: [GUIDE] Getting Started with Android (UPDATED 2016 for Nougat) - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com. It's pretty old, but many of the basics are unchanged.

Apr 19, 2022
Visit site
OK look how do people not get the point about this whole issue of there not being any actual tutorials? Seriously how about instead of wasting all this time with pointless questions that have no relevance to the issue or how long someone has had a phone or what they're used to or any of this other nonsense, and instead invest all that time into making all this and ending all questions for people:

How about people make a real tutorial that contains all this important information. From the time people spend answering everything, all this could have been made ending any questions people have on how to do something.

1. A glossary for all words terms, phrases and lingo
2. Something that shows and has all the icons and has them labeled to their names
3. A video that explains and shows basic navigation and all the menus such as swiping up and how to close individual windows when multiple things are open.
4. An entire list of every option, function and menu in a phone.
5. Give an example use of how someone would even know to use one of the options in the first place, as well as providing an actual video example of each option being used.

The above is an actual tutorial because it contains everything, so next time someone asks a question, you point them to that.

People who want to say that is too much work or some other excuse then you don't belong in this thread. Furthermore you do not get to dictate to someone else what they need for instructions based off your opinion.

People who assuming someone knows what they're talking about, when they explain something from their perspective, are the worst people to give help because they ignore a person needs by applying their opinion to the situation. And this reply is exactly what I'm talking about
This doesn't help anyone because the person didn't ask any questions to find out if the person is even familiar with anything they asked..instead they just assumed and asked.
In messages if you long press the picture does it give option to download?
Why would this person or anyone assume I would know what IN MESSAGE and LONG PRESS mean because I don't.

If these were in a glossary as I explained above I could easily have looked them up, but instead now I have to write this reply, to which someone will try and reply off this...how about cut all that out and make the 5 things I said above.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
OK look how do people not get the point about this whole issue of there not being any actual tutorials? Seriously how about instead of wasting all this time with pointless questions that have no relevance to the issue or how long someone has had a phone or what they're used to or any of this other nonsense, and instead invest all that time into making all this and ending all questions for people:

How about people make a real tutorial that contains all this important information. From the time people spend answering everything, all this could have been made ending any questions people have on how to do something.

2. Something that shows and has all the icons and has them labeled to their names
3. A video that explains and shows basic navigation and all the menus such as swiping up and how to close individual windows when multiple things are open.
5. Give an example use of how someone would even know to use one of the options in the first place, as well as providing an actual video example of each option being used.

The above is an actual tutorial because it contains everything, so next time someone asks a question, you point them to that.

People who want to say that is too much work or some other excuse then you don't belong in this thread. Furthermore you do not get to dictate to someone else what they need for instructions based off your opinion.

People who assuming someone knows what they're talking about, when they explain something from their perspective, are the worst people to give help because they ignore a person needs by applying their opinion to the situation. And this reply is exactly what I'm talking about
This doesn't help anyone because the person didn't ask any questions to find out if the person is even familiar with anything they asked..instead they just assumed and asked.

Why would you assume someone would know what you just asked them because I have no clue what
In messages means not do I know what the phrase LONG PRESS means.

If these were in a glossary as I explained above I could easily have looked them up, but instead now I have to write this reply, to which someone will try and reply off this...how about cut all that out and make the 5 things I said above.
[I sent you PM Private Message, please review ]

Apr 19, 2022
Visit site
[I sent you PM Private Message, please review ]

Oh here we go with forum mods and administrator acting exactly like cops..They only want to make sure what they say gets heard..forget anyone else or their problems.

Sorry pal but I will not read a PM from you or anyone else about rules because I came here to get help, not have someone with an ego telling me to read rules and totally ignore what i asked for help on. Especially after they can see the situation unfold...so no..I'm not reading any PM's because you can clearly see my help topic turned was turned into what it's becoming now...You throwing around rules instead of helping.

Imagine wasting all this time instead of actually producing something productive like a tutorial because you're too busy making sure to push rules. People who really want to help will do it, they won't continue wasting people's time with useless questions that have no relevance to making a real tutorial and they especially will not continually bring up rules.

If you're more in tuned with rules than providing real help to the point you cannot leave a reply without mentioning rules and throwing your weight around, then it proves this forum is useless and a waste of time and Don't bother with the "We do want to help but you should be nicer" line of crap' because people who want to help, not only already would have but also will not get into what you're attempting to do now.

People who are actually helping will read the topic, and get to work on providing the help. You cannot say people want to help then focus on rules and ignore that the help I asked for was ignored multiple times and replaced by useless discussion and questions that have no relevance to anything and isn't needed to make a tutorial.

Now, are people going to give the type of help I said is needed, or continue this circle jerk?

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
It has been so long since my first smartphone - eight years - that I don’t now recall for certain how I learnt basic phone usage, but if I recall right, brief tutorials and instructions appear when you first perform some action or other. For the rest - how to copy and paste, for example - a little research helps.
It is quite possible to use a phone badly - by not using the Back and Home buttons correctly, for example - but in a way that works well enough, and I suspect that many of us do so.

You are mistaken about our members. I know them well after being among them for seven years.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Why would this person or anyone assume I would know what IN MESSAGE and LONG PRESS mean because I don't.

You have valid points.... unfortunately modern smartphones don't come with users manuals per say, the Android operating system changes quite often, and it's so complicated that a user manual breaking everything down would be the size of an Encyclopedia set.

Now I'm not defending phone makers so don't get me wrong... but they're assuming most users have some previous experience with smartphones, and unfortunately it really is a learn as you go affair :-\ My father, who had never used a smartphone in his life, got his first one and it was an unmitigated disaster of epic proportions. I tried to help him as best I could, but he stuffed it in a drawer calling it the biggest piece of garbage he'd ever laid hands on, and said he was going to continue using non-smart flip phones for the rest of his life... and he means it.

He kept asking me for a users manual, and couldn't understand why his smartphone didn't come with a printed user's manual like his new cars or any other device he was used to buying. Unfortunately that's a big issue for someone who's new or newer to smartphones, and I do think they should try harder to help new owners out.

You've came to the right place though... there are some of the most incredibly helpful, patient, tech savvy people anywhere on the internet here that are willing to help you in any way they can, and if you give them a chance you could become pretty good at understanding your phone better ;)

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
OP (Original Poster), frankly the technological world has become a figure it out yourself world. You did yourself no favors buying a low end phone. Higher end phones have a better online presence with videos and documentation that would help with some of your questions. There is much more content (manufacturer and independent) for a Samsung phone than a Blu phone. Some of your questions are more software (android) than manufacturer related, so searching youtube for "android swipe gestures" say, would help.

Lastly, it's difficult to answer questions in a forum with all the back and forth information needed, without knowing the precise problem. The people here are extraordinarily patient and helpful when you work with them. Pushing back at their questions is not the path that will get you help.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Oh here we go with forum mods and administrator acting exactly like cops..They only want to make sure what they say gets heard..forget anyone else or their problems.

Sorry pal but I will not read a PM from you or anyone else about rules because I came here to get help, not have someone with an ego telling me to read rules and totally ignore what i asked for help on. Especially after they can see the situation unfold...so no..I'm not reading any PM's because you can clearly see my help topic turned was turned into what it's becoming now...You throwing around rules instead of helping.

Imagine wasting all this time instead of actually producing something productive like a tutorial because you're too busy making sure to push rules. People who really want to help will do it, they won't continue wasting people's time with useless questions that have no relevance to making a real tutorial and they especially will not continually bring up rules.

If you're more in tuned with rules than providing real help to the point you cannot leave a reply without mentioning rules and throwing your weight around, then it proves this forum is useless and a waste of time and Don't bother with the "We do want to help but you should be nicer" line of crap' because people who want to help, not only already would have but also will not get into what you're attempting to do now.

People who are actually helping will read the topic, and get to work on providing the help. You cannot say people want to help then focus on rules and ignore that the help I asked for was ignored multiple times and replaced by useless discussion and questions that have no relevance to anything and isn't needed to make a tutorial.

Now, are people going to give the type of help I said is needed, or continue this circle jerk?
Your not going come here on a rampage and dictate your terms , we trying to help but you just dont care . So in following this thread will be closed.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Did you even READ MY GUIDE THAT I LINKED? [GUIDE] Getting Started with Android (UPDATED 2016 for Nougat) - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Your attitude is quite simply unbelievable. Good luck with life.

Status
Not open for further replies.