Huge watermark error on Samsung Galaxy j7 neo SM-J701M!!

thankyou forplaying

Jun 30, 2022
Visit site
Hey does anyone here knows how to remove a watermark on this phone? I just got it from Ebay about 6 days ago. Anyone have any great ideas?

Last edited:

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
What exactly do you mean by a watermark? is there something displayed on the screen at all times? Or is it showing up on photos you take?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Can you post a screenshot, or at least describe what this watermark looks like? Phones don't have watermarks, unless it was something like a store demo (which are typically supposed to be returned to the manufacturer, not sold). Another possibility is it's actually screen burn in, which is a hardware problem requiring replacement of the screen. Burn in would not show up in a screenshot, which is a big clue.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Can you post a screenshot, or at least describe what this watermark looks like? Phones don't have watermarks, unless it was something like a store demo (which are typically supposed to be returned to the manufacturer, not sold). Another possibility is it's actually screen burn in, which is a hardware problem requiring replacement of the screen. Burn in would not show up in a screenshot, which is a big clue.

Looking online it seems numerous people have reported screen burn in as a watermark by mistake but I can't find anything related to an actual watermark being placed on the phone screen.

Looking up the phone it's a few years old and does have a AMOLED display which is prone to burn in.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Looking online it seems numerous people have reported screen burn in as a watermark by mistake but I can't find anything related to an actual watermark being placed on the phone screen.

Looking up the phone it's a few years old and does have a AMOLED display which is prone to burn in.
That's the way I'm leaning too, but can't say for certain without knowing more about it and there may be some "demo" units with a true watermark.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree with the above, it's almost certainly screen burn-in. Nothing you can do about that, short of replacing the screen, unfortunately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34