Hey does anyone here knows how to remove a watermark on this phone? I just got it from Ebay about 6 days ago. Anyone have any great ideas?
    06-30-2022 03:46 PM
    What exactly do you mean by a watermark? is there something displayed on the screen at all times? Or is it showing up on photos you take?
    06-30-2022 03:48 PM
    It's something that is displayed on the screen at all times.
    06-30-2022 03:53 PM
    I need info on how to remove it.
    06-30-2022 03:54 PM
    Can you post a screenshot, or at least describe what this watermark looks like? Phones don't have watermarks, unless it was something like a store demo (which are typically supposed to be returned to the manufacturer, not sold). Another possibility is it's actually screen burn in, which is a hardware problem requiring replacement of the screen. Burn in would not show up in a screenshot, which is a big clue.
    06-30-2022 05:56 PM
    Can you post a screenshot, or at least describe what this watermark looks like? Phones don't have watermarks, unless it was something like a store demo (which are typically supposed to be returned to the manufacturer, not sold). Another possibility is it's actually screen burn in, which is a hardware problem requiring replacement of the screen. Burn in would not show up in a screenshot, which is a big clue.
    Looking online it seems numerous people have reported screen burn in as a watermark by mistake but I can't find anything related to an actual watermark being placed on the phone screen.

Looking up the phone it's a few years old and does have a AMOLED display which is prone to burn in.
    06-30-2022 06:08 PM
    Looking online it seems numerous people have reported screen burn in as a watermark by mistake but I can't find anything related to an actual watermark being placed on the phone screen.

Looking up the phone it's a few years old and does have a AMOLED display which is prone to burn in.
    That's the way I'm leaning too, but can't say for certain without knowing more about it and there may be some "demo" units with a true watermark.
    06-30-2022 06:31 PM
    I agree with the above, it's almost certainly screen burn-in. Nothing you can do about that, short of replacing the screen, unfortunately.
    07-01-2022 05:21 AM