App settings defaults

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Last edited:

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Mr Bojangles1, I am trying to reset the notification style. I think I set some notification to silent or something in the past and now I think some notifications are missing. I mean the [style notification] like sound and popup, sound, silent, silent and minimized.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Next time you have a notification from the app, pull the notification bar down. Then try holding your finger down on the notification until another menu pops up. If that doesn't work then try sliding the notification to the left or the right and you should see the settings icon.

You can also go to settings->apps, then find your app to open app info. Once there find notifications. There you should see notification options for that app. On some phones there are additional settings if you click on a setting, but not on the actual on/off switch.

I would also suggest turning on notification history of your phone allows it. It makes it easy to go back to old notifications or notifications that you swiped away.

Last edited by a moderator:

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
How to turn on notification history of Samsung Galaxy Note 8?

How to reset notifications options to default? Example some apps have many categories of notifications e.g. Offers, Alerts, Promotions, Orders, Updates, Chat, Feedback... I do not know which one I have changed before.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Q1. Does uninstalling an app reset all the app settings to defaults? For example if I set the notifications to silent and minimized some time ago and now I want to reset it to default.

Q2. Is there any thing/app that will prevent the uninstalled and the reinstalled app to reset to its defaults?

Q3 If I have a question, what is the difference between posting at these 2 links
https://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/
https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask/?do=ask&subject=
You can reset a app to it stock value by uninstall or long press the app>tap info>storage>clear data then force stop it

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
How to turn on notification history of Samsung Galaxy Note 8?

How to reset notifications options to default? Example some apps have many categories of notifications e.g. Offers, Alerts, Promotions, Orders, Updates, Chat, Feedback... I do not know which one I have changed before.
Long press the app>tap info>notifications>notifications catagories tap each one to get to it's submenu

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
You can reset a app to it stock value by uninstall or long press the app>tap info>storage>clear data then force stop it

Does your reset a app to it stock value step only reset notifications (app>tap info>notifications) to stock value, or does it reset the whole app (including settings made inside the 3 dots/bar menu inside the app) to stock value?

Stock value means defaults (like pressing the app for the first time after installing from app store) correct?