Gallery problem

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

1. How to remove the Albums and Stories button (tab) as seen in Samsung Gallery?
screenshot https://i.imgur.com/UOfrNDP.png

2. [WhatsApp\Media\WhatsApp Images\Sent] this location images should it auto show up in Samsung Gallery app? I notice they do not show up. I notice if I take a photo and photo appear in DCIM folder and then I select the photo and send photo to my whatsapp friend, immediately a copy of the photo appeared automatically in
[WhatsApp\Media\WhatsApp Images\Sent]" folder, at this point i can see the photo in Gallery, after this point i delete the photo from my DCIM folder and i no longer see the photo in Gallery, photo in [WhatsApp\Media\WhatsApp Images\Sent] not deleted.

Thanks.

ashune

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
Concerning the second point: the folder you mention won't automatically show up in your Gallery because it contains a file named ".nomedia". This file tells other apps, like the Samsung Gallery app, to hide all media (like pictures and videos) that is in that folder.

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Concerning the second point: the folder you mention won't automatically show up in your Gallery because it contains a file named ".nomedia". This file tells other apps, like the Samsung Gallery app, to hide all media (like pictures and videos) that is in that folder.

a. Does Gallery app by default show all images and videos in the whole phone if the images/videos are stored in a folder that do not have a file named ".nomedia"?

b. Other than images/videos in .nomedia folders does not show up in Gallery, what other folders will not show up in Gallery?

c. When I connect my Samsung Note 8 to pc, I can see ".nomedia" in [WhatsApp\Media\WhatsApp Images\Sent]. In the Note 8 phone My Files app>internal storage>whatsapp>media>whatsapp images>sent I do not see the ".nomedia" file, how to let .nomedia appear so i know there is a .nomedia in the folder?

d. If I want to prevent images/videos in a folder to appear in Gallery app, can I create a .nomedia file myself and put in the folder? How to create .nomedia file?

Thanks.

ashune

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
a. I think it does, except probably for media from some system folders, and folders that are hidden (the ones that start with a ".").

b. Same answer as in a.

c. You have to enable showing hidden files in the settings for the My Files app. Something like My Files > three-dot menu > Settings > Show hidden system files.

d. Yes, you can do that. For example, you could copy an already existing ".nomedia" file to your desired location. Of course, you'll need to enable showing hidden system files first.