Why can't I move apps to sd card after update?

danno175

Sep 11, 2022
Visit site
Recently purchased Samsung A7 Lite Tablet and installed an SD card. Was able to move apps or partial apps & data (settings>apps>storage>change) to the SD card. After updating the tablet the >change command stopped working. just message saying "NOT ENOUGH STORAGE SPACE" on SD card. Tried unsuccessfully to solve the problem (including restoring the tablet to factory settings and reformatting my SD card). NOTHING WORKED!!! Anyone experience the same problem?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I never checked this before on my Tab A7 lite, but moving an app to the SD card never moved the entire app there -- only certain parts of the data (which might not be a very large portion of the app). The primary part of the app still needs to reside on Internal Storage.

On my Tab A7 lite, if I go to Settings>Apps and select an app, then tap Storage, there's a "Change" button in the Storage used section. Tapping that button gives me the option to change the storage location for the app to the SD card. Remember again, though, that this will only apply to certain data the app creates, not the entire app itself.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
You don't want move apps to SD card , SD card are not reliable, cause freeze,crashes, corrupt and slow performance they don't have the same read speed like internal just use for photos but back those up also otherwise u need to get bigger storage tablet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca