Volume question

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

My phone is on silent mode.

Usually if I start playing a media clip, I will increase the media volume and forget about it. After playing a media clip (e.g. voice message in whatsapp or youtube video) I want my phone [media volume] to immediately auto decrease to 0 (or at the start of a playing a clip I want it to start at 0 volume). At the start of every clip I want it to start at 0 volume (then I will increase slightly by pressing the + volume button) so I will not disturb anyone of get a sudden loud noise when I play any media.

Using Samsung Galaxy Note8

Thanks

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Have you looked at Bixby Routines? It can do many things based on logical conditions as triggers. You can search for Bixby Routines online and find out how others have done whatever. In this case you might search, bixby routines volume control or reduce volume, and see what pops up.

Other ways would include the use of something like Tasker, or one that I just heard of called MacroDroid. Both are automation apps that can create logical routines to perform tasks like this. Tasker is a paid app that has a free trial period. It takes a bit of learning but just like with Bixby you can search for profiles that have already been made. There is a Tasker forum here at AC, there's Taskerwiki online, Tasker threads at Reddit and many other places. Some will have profiles already made and allow you to download them directly. You may have to tweak some profiles to suit your specific need while others are essentially copy and paste. MacroDroid is a new one to me but there are many like it. Some are free some cost. Some want you to root your device. Tasker can do more if your device is rooted but for a task like this, that isn't needed. Just wanted to throw that fun fact in there.

If you don't like Bixby or don't want to use it, look for, automation apps, on the Play Store.