Temperature too high

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
When I am using Samsung Galaxy Note 8 camera to take video, sometimes after taking videos for about 15mins or more, it shows this message "temperature too high to use camera. wait for phone to cool down before using camera." Default camera app auto exit and I need to wait for it to cool down then I can use the default camera app again. I missed some info that should be recorded due to this problem. How to solve the problem?

SlKjY2p.png

When temperature is too high I have tried using another app called Open Camera for a few seconds and it works but I am too afraid of damaging my phone so I did not use any camera and let the phone cool down for about 10mins minimum then try to use the default camera app again.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
High temps are bad for your battery and if the camera sensor overheats the video quality will degrade and possibly even ruin the camera sensor, going to need to find a way to keep your phone cool.

Note 8 is an old phone at this point, have you always had this problem or is overheating a new issue? I've had a few phones get too hot for the camera to continue working but that only happened while plugged into a charger and in direct sunlight. You aren't trying to charge it while it records are you?

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
High temps are bad for your battery and if the camera sensor overheats the video quality will degrade and possibly even ruin the camera sensor, going to need to find a way to keep your phone cool.

Note 8 is an old phone at this point, have you always had this problem or is overheating a new issue? I've had a few phones get too hot for the camera to continue working but that only happened while plugged into a charger and in direct sunlight. You aren't trying to charge it while it records are you?

I am not sure is it a new issue or not because in the past I only record short videos about lesser than 15mins, I only try to record a long video now. Now it seems like 20min to 30min would be the maximum video length recorded then it gets the temperature warning message and camera app auto close. Not connected to any charger while recording, not in direct sunlight.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I also wonder if the battery might be getting too old. Does it heat up for other activities? Does the battery discharge relatively quickly these days?

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I also wonder if the battery might be getting too old. Does it heat up for other activities? Does the battery discharge relatively quickly these days?

Does not heat up for other activities. It does discharge faster than the first year.

What other activities do you mean? Some of my other activities are sending messages, using browser, does not heat up much during these activities.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Does not heat up for other activities. It does discharge faster than the first year.

What other activities do you mean? Some of my other activities are sending messages, using browser, does not heat up much during these activities.
What is your typical time that the battery lasts until it needs to be charged? What is the typical screen on time?

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Some things that may help reduce heat.

Close all other apps before you begin recording.
Toggle airplane mode(if you're OK with no service temporarily)
Reduce screen brightness.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

How about activities that typically are more processor-intensive, like watching a hi-res video, or navigating using Google Maps?

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
How about activities that typically are more processor-intensive, like watching a hi-res video, or navigating using Google Maps?

Did not try those you mentioned, I do notice normal usage like using browser usage like 15 to 30 mins it does gets warm (not as hot like during recording video).

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Just following up , have you tried Safe Mode?

Yes I tried safe mode, recorded about 1min to test, works fine. I don't need to record long videos now, will try again the next time when i need to record long video.

How long do you estimate safe mode can record?

I think the con of safe mode is that I need to know I am going to record a long video before I start recording, and it needs time to reboot into safe mode. If it is some video that I do not know how long it will last (example, maybe recording some urgent accident that I assume will be a short video but it turns out to be a long video), I might use in normal mode and I might still encounter the overheat problem and miss recording info.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1