Android 12 two UI changes - can I revert to old UI?

PaulGor

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite just upgraded to Android 12:

1) Settings app - unhappy with new 2-column design, can it be set to old way?

2) Incoming phone calls while I am on Home screen are not full screen size, but in some smaller frame. Can it be as before - full screen?

Thanks,
Paul

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If it's like my Fold 4 go to settings>display>screen layout>choose standard view

For phone open phone app the 3 dots upper corner tap then choose call display when using apps

Screenshot_20230201_232104_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20230201_232034_Call%20settings.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite just upgraded to Android 12:

1) Settings app - unhappy with new 2-column design, can it be set to old way?

2) Incoming phone calls while I am on Home screen are not full screen size, but in some smaller frame. Can it be as before - full screen?

Thanks,
Paul

Are you sure it's Android 12? Mine recently updated to Android 13.

PaulGor

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
To @mustang7757

For Question 2, Phone calls: those settings are for calls when it's NOT on Home screen - as it says, "when you use other apps". My question is about receiving calls when I am on Home screen - before upgrade to Android 12, it was "regular" way - full screen and now it's a separate small "frame" at the right border :-(

For Question 1, Settings app: Unfortunately, in my Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite in the "Display" section of Settings there are no "screen layout" option, only "zoom", I mean no option like "multi-view"/"standard view". I wish I have them :-(

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
To @mustang7757

For Question 2, Phone calls: those settings are for calls when it's NOT on Home screen - as it says, "when you use other apps". My question is about receiving calls when I am on Home screen - before upgrade to Android 12, it was "regular" way - full screen and now it's a separate small "frame" at the right border :-(

For Question 1, Settings app: Unfortunately, in my Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite in the "Display" section of Settings there are no "screen layout" option, only "zoom", I mean no option like "multi-view"/"standard view". I wish I have them :-(
Still try full screen click on that option

For split view then probably don't have that option:(

Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk

PaulGor

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
@mustang7757

Samsung guys asked for clarification for your Fold 4 information regarding Settings app:

"I don't have that in either my S21U or Tab S8U. Does the Fold 4 have OneUI 5.1?"

PaulGor

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
As for my 2nd question - is there a way to see incoming calls full screen while it's Home screen as it was before Android 12?
I searched and searched - no answer :-(

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
As for my 2nd question - is there a way to see incoming calls full screen while it's Home screen as it was before Android 12?
I searched and searched - no answer :-(
When you make calls, you have to enable call and texts from other devices?

PaulGor

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
When you make calls, you have to enable call and texts from other devices?

No, I have regular SIM card with phone number and can receive calls and make calls (that option you mentioned is for linking say my other Samsung phone to this device via Samsung account - no, I don't need that)

P.S. I am afraid now to update my s10e phone to Android 12 - even on my large tablet which we are talking about, the pop-up with incoming call is pretty small on Home screen, so in much smaller s10e I would have trouble to use green button to accept incoming call :-(

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No, I have regular SIM card with phone number and can receive calls and make calls (that option you mentioned is for linking say my other Samsung phone to this device via Samsung account - no, I don't need that)

P.S. I am afraid now to update my s10e phone to Android 12 - even on my large tablet which we are talking about, the pop-up with incoming call is pretty small on Home screen, so in much smaller s10e I would have trouble to use green button to accept incoming call :-(
Unless your carrier removed it , both my unlock flip/fold 4 have the option like my screenshot in The phone app settings

PaulGor

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Unless your carrier removed it , both my unlock flip/fold 4 have the option like my screenshot in The phone app settings

May be my 1st reply was not clear - I do have that phone option shown on your screen-shot!
BUT it is for different case: when I am on some app screen, say Amazon app or editor and incoming call happens.
While I am asking about incoming call when I am on Home screen.

The option on your screen-shot says that it is not about Home screen case:
"How incoming calls appear when you are using other apps"

All devices before Android 12 worked that way:
- if I am using some app then incoming call is shown in a pop-up at the top of the screen
- if I am on Home screen, then I see incoming call in full screen

But now it's small pop-up even if I am getting a call when I am on Home screen - this is the problem...
:-(

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
May be my 1st reply was not clear - I do have that phone option shown on your screen-shot!
BUT it is for different case: when I am on some app screen, say Amazon app or editor and incoming call happens.
While I am asking about incoming call when I am on Home screen.

The option on your screen-shot says that it is not about Home screen case:
"How incoming calls appear when you are using other apps"

All devices before Android 12 worked that way:
- if I am using some app then incoming call is shown in a pop-up at the top of the screen
- if I am on Home screen, then I see incoming call in full screen

But now it's small pop-up even if I am getting a call when I am on Home screen - this is the problem...
:-(
Yeah that is true on the home screen it goes full screen the call but yours is not , strange .

Long press the phone app >tap notification>the 3 screen animation is the last one pop up highlighted?
My screenshot has all 3 highlighted maybe try this ?

Lot of setting have changed in Android 12 and 13 Screenshot_20230203_001045_Settings.jpg

PaulGor

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Yeah that is true on the home screen it goes full screen the call but yours is not , strange .

Long press the phone app >tap notification>the 3 screen animation is the last one pop up highlighted?
My screenshot has all 3 highlighted maybe try this ?

I also have all 3 highlighted. Played with that - nope, no effect on incoming call scenario. So on your folders on HOme screen it works same way as before Android 12 - full screen? Then I can ask Samsung support stating that on some models it works desired way...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams