How to check Android Market app availability?

nerdydesi

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I found it quite disturbing hearing news earlier this year that Verizon and other carriers were blocking tethering apps from the Android Market. Evil censorship is not cool! They would not show up in search results at all. I could verify this when using my VZW phone over 4G to check for PDA.NET which didn't show up, but I could find it using WiFi on my inactive Sprint Epic 4G.

I believe you can tell if an app is available for a device by checking the Android Market website. So if there are also intensive games that a lower-end device can't handle, they won't show in search results. I think I'd rather be able to still find it but give me a message saying its not compatible with my device, rather than thinking maybe it was removed from the Market.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
They block them because of the devs request they won't run on a old device u can search all apps on market.android.com

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I believe you can disable mobile networks and enable WiFi to download the apps. They are disabled because the carrier does not want you to root and download an app to use a service for free when they (carrier) offer it for a premium.

If that does not work try downloading this app and side loading it.