Does anyone know where to find a SLCD display with front housing for my droid inc. The screen is shattered and I need to replace it.
    07-27-2011 02:46 PM
    Does anyone know where to find a SLCD display with front housing for my droid inc. The screen is shattered and I need to replace it.
    If you're warranty hasn't expired it would probably just be easier to replace the phone. The Dinc is end of life, so you'll likely either end up with a Dinc2 or a Droid X.
    07-27-2011 07:11 PM
    Try the links in this post - Amazon had the Glass and there are a few how to videos linked here as well.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...ed-screen.html

Good luck!
    07-27-2011 07:54 PM
    If you're warranty hasn't expired it would probably just be easier to replace the phone. The Dinc is end of life, so you'll likely either end up with a Dinc2 or a Droid X.
    Yeah I actually got the inc in June of '10. So the initial warranty is over and the insurance I got with the phone has officially dropped my coverage. You can't break the phone more than 3 times otherwise you wont get coverage anymore.
    07-28-2011 10:19 AM
    Some things, are just sentimental my friend. My wife still clings to her 5yr old Nokia, and refuses to give it up! I've repaired it many times...........

I'd probably do the same, if my desire screen cracked.....
    07-28-2011 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD