How large are movie rentals on the device?

rosser

Former Advisor
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know how large the movies are from the rental service? I want to make sure I have enough room on my device.

It really all depends on the movie length. I would think somewhere between/from 650 MB to 1.3 GB. Also just so you know, from what I have heard, you can't rent movies on a rooted device.

Reactions: Cyrilmak

Cyrilmak

Androidoholic
Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
It really all depends on the movie length. I would think somewhere between/from 650 MB to 1.3 GB. Also just so you know, from what I have heard, you can't rent movies on a rooted device.

I don't root! :) And actually I went on a "renting spree" last night, seems each movie is around 300 to 350mb. I'm guessing it's due to screen size and such. I bet it would be a lot bigger on say the Xoom since the market supports HDMI out on it since Honeycomb has HDCP support. Sucks Android 2.2 and 2.3 don't have HDCP support :(

rosser

Former Advisor
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't root! :) And actually I went on a "renting spree" last night, seems each movie is around 300 to 350mb. I'm guessing it's due to screen size and such. I bet it would be a lot bigger on say the Xoom since the market supports HDMI out on it since Honeycomb has HDCP support. Sucks Android 2.2 and 2.3 don't have HDCP support :(

It's probably that small because it's just a rental and not technically a normal movie download.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk