Wildfire on CM7.0.3 - RoadSync & Whatsapp problems

iggyb_hube

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi

I am hoping someone out there came across these problems and managed to get a solution.

I am running CyanogenMod 7.0.3 on a HTC Wildfire (Buzz). I went onto this ROM a week ago.

RoadSync
I bought RoadSync prior to flashing the new ROM and still managed to install the app. It is the paid full version. My problem is that it RoadSync keeps losing my server settings. It always happens if I reboot the phone or the battery dies and I charge it (which is a reboot in a way). What's causing this and how do I sort it out.

Whatsapp
I installed the Whatsapp instant messaging app. When I try to set it up, it accepts my mobile number and then requests a name which I enter, thereafter it return an error with a force close message. Is CM7 not certified for Whatsapp? I assumed that it would be as this is such a popular IM application.

That's it for now...

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, some apps are not compatible with custom ROMs. That's why they usually tell you "install at your own risk".

Custom Roms are experimental,and not made for mainstream consumers. They are made as a viable option for branded phones skins and bloatware. And as they are experimental, you get bugs, and some programs that don't function normally. I've even had simple live wallpaper do strange things.

It's up to the app developer to "certify" compatibility with a mainstrem version of an OS. Not the other way around.

You have found a workaround to your first issue, which is good (keep your phone charged).

I'm sure if you contacted the app developer, and explained the problems, they would look into it. Also, CyanogenMod has a bug reporting page, where you can also post your issue.