Hi folks, I have a Samsung Fascinate (Galaxy S SCH-I500) that I've inherited and I'd like to use it for Wi-Fi only. The fellah that gave it to me did a factory reset first and I can't seem to get past the the activation screen. My only options are Emergency and Send (the latter to activate the phone). Can I turn off this activation screen somehow or get past it? I do not want to activate the phone - only use it like an iPod touch. Any help is greatly appreciated. -drippin...
    08-09-2011 05:48 PM
    You should have an option to log in using Wi-Fi and not the 3g data part of the phone.

Try reseting the phone again. This should allow you to login to Gmail using Wi-Fi.

Hope this helps.
    08-09-2011 08:44 PM
    The phone is not activated. I don't want to activate it, just want to use the wi-fi. I tried doing a factory reset again and still have the same two options. Emergency and Send (the latter of which tries to activate the phone). When he gave me the phone, he de-activated it and used his number on another phone. It's like I have a brand-new phone and don't want to use it like a phone - just Wi-Fi. I have another phone to make calls, but having this to trouble-shoot WiFi would be really handy. I'd like to use all the features - except the phone part.

Thanks...
    08-10-2011 05:43 PM