Create a Internet Shortcut Icon?

Thaler.AB

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I've seen similar threads to this topic, but they're all pretty dated (ie. 2009 and whatnot). I was wondering if something new had popped up in the last few years.

Specifically, I'm wanting to create a Facebook internet shortcut icon for my LG Optimus S. I don't want to install the full client (don't need something polling internet data every X minutes for me), and the web client seems to do everything I need. While I know how to create a shortcut, it comes up with the Facebook icon w/ an ugly red bookmark behind it. For some reason my Twitter shortcut works (creates w/ a full Twitter icon), but Facebook and other sites do not.

Is there any way in the Android interface to reassign an icon to a shortcut? Or is this all through 3rd party app means?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I've seen similar threads to this topic, but they're all pretty dated (ie. 2009 and whatnot). I was wondering if something new had popped up in the last few years.

Specifically, I'm wanting to create a Facebook internet shortcut icon for my LG Optimus S. I don't want to install the full client (don't need something polling internet data every X minutes for me), and the web client seems to do everything I need. While I know how to create a shortcut, it comes up with the Facebook icon w/ an ugly red bookmark behind it. For some reason my Twitter shortcut works (creates w/ a full Twitter icon), but Facebook and other sites do not.

Is there any way in the Android interface to reassign an icon to a shortcut? Or is this all through 3rd party app means?

3rd party launchers from the Market like ADW or Launcher Pro will allow you to give homescreen shortcuts a custom user selected icon among many other options.