Android Preware/Cydia Equivalent

Alex.Kim

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm just looking for a homebrew app store application for android (kinda like preware). I'm not a big fan of constantly loading the apps onto my phone.

NoSpin

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, not really sure I understand what you mean. Since there is no approval process in the Android Market, all apps can be put in the market (some exceptions of course). The heavy hand of Apple gave birth to Cydia, but there is no need for a store like that on Android...yet.

Sent from my T-mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Alex.Kim

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, not really sure I understand what you mean. Since there is no approval process in the Android Market, all apps can be put in the market (some exceptions of course). The heavy hand of Apple gave birth to Cydia, but there is no need for a store like that on Android...yet.

So why do people sideload apps (other than development illegal paid ones) instead of putting them in the market?:-\

NoSpin

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
So why do people sideload apps (other than development illegal paid ones) instead of putting them in the market?:-\

People side load apps for beta testing, getting around device restrictions (hacking the netflix app to work on more devices), and putting apps on devices without market access. As long as it's "legal", there is no problem with putting an app you make on the market.

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I totally understand what you mean tehnewguy. I like android, but i feel so abandoned when it comes to the unlocking/rooting community on android but that's because preware spoils us on webos

I loved preware because everything you would want to do is on. Yeah there's apps, but also overclocking kernels, patches, teams hacks ect...

Now if I want to do something I have to check like 4 different forms and read hundreds of posts (to be safe) just to do something.

it was the one stop shop, all over the air, all on the go no PC required (other then to get preware on) I so wish some of the guys at webos internals would make the same thing for android.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49