com.android.settings crash

beatleshelp1

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I am having a problem where if I go into setting > sound > phone ringtone or notification ringtone then com.android.settings crashes. I can still set the ringtone from other apps but not the notification tone as I dont know of any other way of doing it. I am using this rom on my X10 mini pro.

Any help would be great. I cant post on that XDA thread as I cant get my account to post at all let alone in a dev section.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Don;t worry, I live in moscow.

Some forums have some old "cold war" feelings from the old days. You won't find them here!

I'm going to guess, based on what you say, that the problem is with the Rom. If this happened after you flashed it, I would say it is a bad Rom. This is because you go into the ringtone section, and immidiately it crashes, before selecting an audio file.

If it happened a few weeks or months after you flashed it, then I would say re-flash the rom

I'm not familiar with your phone, so I don;t know what other roms are available.

If it were me, I would re-flash.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Also, you could go into, Settings/Applications/application manager, and delete cache settings. NOT User data!!!

You could reboot into recovery, and wipe cache memory as a last chance. Usually I don't do this, unless nothing else works.

beatleshelp1

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Ok thanks the problem is this rom is for this hardware only and it doesn't seem to be a problem other people are having. I will re-flash and see if that sorts it.

EDIT: I already wiped cache partition from recovery and still got the problem