Evo 3D: questions about 'Video docking station-MHL adapter

3dkit

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Got a problem that techs or specs don't answer; I want to use HDMI AND keep the phone (EVO 3D) plugged into a power source. I don't want to use the phones batt while watching video. So 1) will this new "HTC EVO 3D VIDEO DOCKING STATION" allow me to do both? Or 2) if not will just using the MHL adapter give me the option of doing BOTH simultaneously??? My Sprint store has the new Video dock Station but NONE of the boxes we opened had any instructions inside (guess HTC figures us Americans don't read them anyway). Ready to buy but don't know what to buy for what I want to do.

Thanks for any info

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Taken from one of the ads across the net;

HTC EVO 3D Docking Station features

* Synchronises and charges your HTC EVO 3D through rear micro USB port
* Compatible with the MHL adapter to output 1080p video to a compatible TV or monitor
* Official HTC accessory made for the HTC EVO 3D

So I would guess it will charge AND output to your TV with optional MHL adapter. Notice they say "compatible" TV, which I assume means it can accept 1080p input.

3dkit

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
The problem is making assumptions which are often wrong. In every review I've read, or YouTube video, they never say wheather BOTH can be done simultaneously. And ,crazy as this sounds, the box it comes in has NO instructions. AMAZING!!!! Makes me wonder how much HTC skimped on quality

About TV comparability; I am also shopping for a TV & yes I am wondering what "compatability" means exactly. Need to find out BEFORE I purchase a TV, not after.

Anyway thanks for the reply. Wish someone from HTC would clarify this!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze