How the iPad SmartCover got me out of a ADW force close loop.

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
So I'm running CyanogenMod 7 on my Droid X, and I thought I would try some different themes. I was running ADW EX as my launcher, and everything was ok until I tried a Ginger Blur theme I found on XDA. As soon as I applied the theme ADW force closed. Everytime I would confirm the force close, ADW would try to restart and force close again. I couldn't do anything - I was stuck in a ADW force close loop. Rebooting didn't help. Battery pull didn't help either. I wanted to press the search button to start the settings app, but the button press wouldn't bring up the search dialog since ADW was force closing over and over. Since I didn't have a dock handy, I put the X on the magnet in the iPad Smart Cover and the Android dock launched. I was then able to bring up the search, launch the settings utility and clear defaults on ADW EX. Needless to say I'm running LPP now with no issues.

On a side note, I'm not sure if the force close loop was caused by ADW EX or the theme, but I'm leaning toward ADW. :p

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
The Force is strong with Apple.......

I'd guess it you stuck a refrigerator magnet on it, it would've gotten the same response ;)

Will wonders ever cease ;)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Haha Funny story. I can't see how that would have prevented further force closes, but I guess it worked :) Might just keep a magnet handy just in case :p

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it's amusing. Hey, my flip cover has a magnet to keep it closed. Interesting concept, as I have never had a force close on any app......

Interesting.......

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel