Invalid package file

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
about 75% of the time I download from the market I get the error above. ROMs do not seem to matter, but I have only had this issue since getting my charge and the new market.

Anyone else got some tips on this?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I'd guess that your Delvik cache is getting full, and there's no room left to create the temp files for the apk's, or if your rom puts them in a different cache, you'll need to clean that also. Just a guess.

Also heard reinstall the market app, but I don't place a lot of faith in that one.

Which Rom are you using?

Last edited:

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I'd guess that your Delvik cache is getting full, and there's no room left to create the temp files for the apk's, or if your rom puts them in a different cache, you'll need to clean that also. Just a guess.

Also heard reinstall the market app, but I don't place a lot of faith in that one.

Which Rom are you using?

I am using gummycharged 2.0, but I have been on a few of the other froyo based roms that we have for the charge and it doesnt make a difference.

I wiped both caches and that didnt help. Did a fix permissions and that didnt help. The funny thing is that I tried to install the same app from the amazon market and it went through fine....

Is there a way to uninstall the google market and reinstall?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Didn't have much time to check, but, a quick Google search made it seem difficult. I'm not sure if that is really true, but, that is the impression I got. Maybe you could try and contact them here?

Android Market Help

Hopefully someone else will have a better solution, but, it couldn't hurt to shoot them an email while you wait.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20